Wrong kick down rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The new kick down brackets came in today from Holley.
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's the adjustable one. It's adjustable in both the throttle and the kick down. If I can figure out how the contraption goes on the intake I'll try it first. If this one turns out to be the one I keep I plan on painting it Chevy orange. I don't want all that chrome on top of my intake. Now, if it was a blower then that would be different.

Another angle so you can see the adjustment on the throttle bracket. The thing has all these holes on it. I'm going to see if I can find some instructions on it somewhere. I expected since it was coming from Holley surely it would have instructions....nope.

This is the one that I'm calling the "fixed" bracket because Holley says it fits only the Edlebrock intake with a Holley 4150, 4160 carb, only. Holley says it can be used with a Q-Jet, Rochester, Carter AFB 4 bbl. carbs. I have what they are saying it fits, "only" so I may end up using this one with the factory throttle bracket. That will be fine and I'll paint this one Chevy orange so it looks factory. It includes two intake bolts but I have chrome ARP "dress up" stainless intake bolts on my intake already, so I'll just go back in with those. I get two free good intake or whatever else bolts out of the deal.

If anyone is interested in the "fixed" kick down bracket here's the part number, from Holley. I guess if you prefer Summit, this number may work there as well. I ordered mine from Holley.
This bracket is heavy and is not flimsy in any way. It's tough so use with confidence.

Last edited:

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'll try to start the replacement of my old bracket tomorrow and will include pics. You know that!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I found a site that had photos of how the chrome double bracket goes. It attaches to the carb base bolts. I may have figured that out...maybe. No, I would have found photos of it like I did today. So I'll try it tomorrow. The fixed bracket is pretty much straight up, it goes to the intake bolts.
This is going to be interesting and I'll take pictures 'cause I'm sure some people might need help with their kick down to, but unlike me I kept the 2 bbl. bracket on when I was changing to a 4 bbl....Duh!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019