"Working Girl" post index & goodbye: I've bought a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I sometimes miss my 2011 F150 Lariat with all the bells and whistles, along with its 18-22 mpg. So I understand your thinking. But I'll bet you'll end up buying another old car or truck to work on. It's in your DNA!

Not sure. I have a tendency to pick up a hobby, work on it hard, learn a lot, and move on after five, ten, fifteen years. Life is short, and there is so much one can do. I may circle back, I may not. This is my second time through cars.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Just want to say thank you for all the help and insight you offered me, when I was having trouble with my 1406. Your contribution of knowledge to guys like me, doesn't have a price on it.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just want to say thank you for all the help and insight you offered me, when I was having trouble with my 1406. Your contribution of knowledge to guys like me, doesn't have a price on it.

Thanks for that. It's why I did it, and why I wrote such long answers, with the rationale behind them. All those answers over the past seven years are on the forums, and searchable within the forums or with Google. Hopefully they are a help to others in the future as well.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
The knowledge you've brought to this forum as has been invaluable @rich weyand. I, too, hope you stick around and at least drop in from time to time to shoot the breeze. :waytogo: I love your new truck :)

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well Rich, that sucks. Hate to see you go. I think you should drop in from time to time, because you have a lot to share.

I sometimes miss my 2011 F150 Lariat with all the bells and whistles, along with its 18-22 mpg. So I understand your thinking. But I'll bet you'll end up buying another old car or truck to work on. It's in your DNA!

I've been thinking about a 1936 LaSalle Series 50 four-door sedan body on a built-up, all new, tubular steel chassis, with independent suspension and a 400+ horsepower GM Connect & Cruise powertrain. :)

You must be registered for see images

And the FS ad for Working Girl is up in the Classifieds:
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18535

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Now that there is Corner Working Girl. You may as well as just call that a ***** cuz everyone is gonna wanna ride it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Dadgum that is sexy!!!! :drool:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Appreciate all the information you've provided to all of those that have been in need, @rich weyand; As always, you don't need an old square to stick around. Stickin around will do just fine. Best of luck with the new truck.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, that was unexpected. Lots of really tough competition, including some nice squares.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nice Rich. Did you get this on your 78 K10???

Sooooo how many awards have you won with that new Denali??? ..... I didn't think so !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ahhh he left. I was waiting for him to come back in and say he did get it on the Denali. Already making a trophy wall on his new rig. He's gonna forget all about us soon. :bawl:

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No, no, no. I got it with the '78 Cheyenne.

I have never entered the Cheyenne in a car show before. Everybody and their brother-in-law down here has a classic car. All of those cars and trucks -- or pretty much all of them -- are garage queens. The Cheyenne has been for the last seven years my daily driver, rain or shine or snow. So whenever anyone in the local classic car club would ask me about entering the Cheyenne in a car show, I would reply, "Nah. Those cars are all garage queens, but she's just a working girl." Hence the name.

However, Working Girl is for sale. So I had the best local detail shop tart her all up, and took her to one of the biggest local car shows. About 150 cars, maybe 20% or so being trucks, some of them squares, and a lot of them very nice indeed. I knew I wasn't going to win anything, but I wanted to get the exposure, with the For Sale sign on the windshield.

And I won Best Truck - Runner Up. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

What I got the most feedback on from the passersby was how straight she was (in black it's easy to spot otherwise), how nicely done the engine and mods were without being over the top, and most of all how beautiful the interior was. Several people said if they had the money they would jump on it, and several told me that my asking price was a really good deal. I worried that it was a bit high, but figured there would probably be some arm-twisting.

And one of the employees of the car dealer that put on the show has a serious crush on Working Girl. She and her husband have been talking about getting something just like it just to cruise around in. A guy I later found out to be her dad had given me a good grilling on the truck earlier. So maybe I have a lead on a buyer from the show.

Oh, and it's a Chevy/CMC dealer, the one that sold me the Sierra. So that would be nice if one of their employees bought it. Kind of like going home.

All in all a very good outing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666