Wiring need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryenol

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
have 84' c10, appears it had smog/emissions on it at some point. Has the ECM up behind glove box. Now it has NONE of that on it, it is a carb motor. I have looked tirelessly on the web and can't seem to find a really good wiring diagram. I want to go over the entire harness and make sure it is good to go, as there are a couple random wires cut. I want to know and make sure i can eliminate the ECM completely since NO smog or emissions control.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The ecm is just for the electronic spark. I removed mine and installed a regular hei distributor. I later did a carb swap and removed a lot of the other emissions items. Then later came an engine swap and I didn't want to look at the extra wires anymore. All I did was strip the entire harness down, remove the connectors and wires that were no longer in use, then clean and/or repair anything else. Once that was done, I routed everything where I wanted it, then taped it up in groups that ran together, and put those groups into the proper size of the black corrugated tubing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus