Wiring Diagrams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
FYI, it is a misconception that wiring diagrams get easier to read with more experience. It might be different for people with the ability to memorize (photographic memory) the diagram after looking at it. For most normal/average people they are always difficult. I started reading schematics and wiring diagrams in middle school electronics classes. I still struggle to follow them and like the rest of you guys, I keep turning the diagram hoping it will make more sense, like someone reading a Thomas guide for the first time while driving.

The best advice I can share is what I keep repeating in my head as I work on wiring projects, concentrate on ONE wire at a time, to keep it from being overwhelming.
I hear ya. I'm good at a small handfull of wire like a headunit, a few amps, cross over, Car or Home Audio stuff...

I got this diagram and while looking at it, its looks nice, nicest one I have seen I think, but its just too busy and tooo much going on.

Also, I dunno where to look on the truck for some of the things.
I'm a Network Engineer and Competition shooter, not a Mechanic... I really have no business under my hood, but with restoring and older truck or or going very custom, I don't have a lot of choice. :) There are no custom shops close by me, or ones I'd trust.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have one of those colored wiring diagrams, It's the easiest diagram I have ever used, just because it's easy to follow the path of a wire based on color. The wires on the front carry over onto the back side. Saves you from having to remember color abbreviations as you follow a line that looks just like the rest of the lines. A quick search will help with the electrical symbols.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Does anyone make a wiring harness for a Blazer? I don't want a 21 circuit universal, or one for a truck. I can't seem to find one for a Blazer.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size

PeterHutnick

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I need a fuse panel diagram for a 19 80 Chevy Silverado k30 4x4
I needed one for my '79 k10, so I made one. :)

I think yours will be the same.

The service manual does not give fuse values for CHOKE or GAUGES. If anyone knows the correct values for these I will update the diagram :)

You must be registered for see images attach

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
They most likely don't have a value and they have a different symbol, because they are not fuses. Could be a thermal fuse, (one that resets) Most likely a timed circuit. Our 74 Dodge Charger has a timed circuit for the light near the key switch on steering column.

KnuckleBuster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Floyd
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wiring schematics do get easier with experience. Doesn't everything? Factory service manuals are readily available for most vehicles on eBay. I have a good many of them, as I always get service and parts manuals for my vehicles. May not need them very often, but sometimes can't hardly do without them. Everything you need to know to properly service a vehicle to factory standards is there, including schematics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84