Wiper washer motor replacement. Who you buying from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
My wipers are moving as fast as a snail sliding out of a salt hill. I need a new unit. I looked online
and noticed like 78/84 and 85/91 did not know they were not all the same. I need one with a washer pump like my original. I cant believe
how hard it is to find one with a washer pump for a 85. Amazon has NEW ones for like 90 bucks
with horrible feedback so I will stay away from those. What are you guys doing for replacements?

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
As far as I know the 85 and up had the washer tank mounted pump, not on the wiper motor. I upgraded mine to the 85 and up. Plug and play other than the pump is located different. 84 will have the pump mounted on the wiper motor.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I went with Newport engineering but it doesn’t have the washer pump like you want. I opted for a tank mounted pump and washer bottle from a newer truck.

Wiper motor has multiple speed, multiple dwell, and automatic park.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rkendrick05

Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Seirra Classic 1500
Engine Size
350 ci
Just replaced mine the other day along with the linkage. Mine were very slow. Got the motor with pump from LMC. Working great now. Time will tell if its a good product but I am satisfied so far

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I went with Newport engineering but it doesn’t have the washer pump like you want. I opted for a tank mounted pump and washer bottle from a newer truck.

Wiper motor has multiple speed, multiple dwell, and automatic park.

You must be registered for see images attach
Any way you have a link to the one you bought?

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Did that motor wire up to your existing wiring and switch, or did you have to retro everything?
I was already reworking everything so I went kinda custom with it. Pretty sure their motor needs to be ran with their switch

ETA: It’s not plug and play if that’s what you want

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I was already reworking everything so I went kinda custom with it. Pretty sure their motor needs to be ran with their switch

ETA: It’s not plug and play if that’s what you want
Pretty much - thanks for the replies

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Pretty much - thanks for the replies
Since so many people seem to have problems with the GM delay modules I figured it would be worth while eliminating the GM stuff in this instance

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Oreily's have the WAI brand . They are new not rebuilt . It fixed my 85's wipers.

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
I got lucky finding an '84 model (w/ built in pump) at one of our local mom and pop shops a couple weeks ago.
Sorry, not going to help you, but was a bit surprising for both of us that it was in stock.
Small town and only a handful of squares left in it.
The box was really dusty, but the component was sealed in a bag as new. We were both all smiles as it had been in his inventory for way too long and I got it for 20 year old pricing.
It was a reman from Mexico.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
You can search for a newer year pump with the delay/timing module inside the pump. This removes the wiper switch and the stoopid delay circuit on the standard pumps made for the GM unit your truck came with.

I thought it was the 2000 or 2001 pump from a van?
Can't recall off hand. Try searching for the square body wiper motor upgrade mod?

You'll need a switch mod on the dash and a plate of aluminum to swap the bolt pattern at the firewall. The newer-ish motors are much more reliable, so long as the connector remains water tight.

If I can find the write up with the parts list I'll post it tonight or tomorrow for your consideration.

The wiring color code for the stock wiper motor and switch/delay module will make you a madman trying to de-compile and re-wire.
It was designed by an idiot savant.

The pigtail for the newer-ish pump I found on eBait for cheap.
Haven't had time to swap it yet because of the move of everything to storage before the winter.

The DC mil spec selctor switch is sitting on my desk in front of me, waitng until it stops snowing here.

Remembering where I put the pigtail is going to cause me a head ache searching every box of Chevy parts in storage. LOL

The $300 custom hot-rod moded pumps are nice, however the switch and sub-standard dash wiring still becomes the issue.

greyghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
vic
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
difference is newer models had delay switch older ones did not, switch must match motor or will not work, possibly damage motor when delay function is activated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe