Windshield Wiper Fuse Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Crap. I can't remember but now my curiosity is up. I should know that but its been just long enough for an old guy to forget. Shooting from the hip, I say glass but I can't be absolutely certain.
I will get back to you
I get it. A guy can only keep so much crap in his head. And how often does one really look at their fuse box anyway.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Bennyt Let me look into it and see what I can find out. I'll get back to in a 1/2 hour or so.

@Bennyt They still list one for my 1984, but no long do for your 77 so I assume it's been discontinued. I will look around for you.
I don't see any options. I think at the moment your options are rebuilding yourself, finding a local electrical shop, or I hate to even say this cardone.

I might know someone that would be able to rebuild it for you, but I'd have to talk to him first. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Doppleganger has an excellent thread on rebuilding wiper motors.
The link to that thread is in my first post in this thread which is post #2. I agree it's excellent info and even if someone does not want to undertake their own rebuild it's still worth reading to gain knowledge on how the motor works.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
FYI for any of you guys that want/need to work on the electrical on these old truck, you might want to consider getting something like this.

One of the best investments I made and has saved me huge amounts of time looking for diagrams online. It's two sided and worth every penny.

Attachments

• 20220811_070943.jpg
    20220811_070943.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 55

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
FYI for any of you guys that want/need to work on the electrical on these old truck, you might want to consider getting something like this.

One of the best investments I made and has saved me huge amounts of time looking for diagrams online. It's two sided and worth every penny.
OK. And we can get these from?...

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
OK. And we can get these from?...
I think this is the source based on the image. Unfortunately for me they seem to stop at 1982...

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
FWIW......the (rebuilt) motor that is in that thread is a spare and for sale. Make me an offer on it and its yours. I have alot of spare stuff to unload.....just gotta get pics up.

:hat:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

All of the electrical diagrams for all years are available on here in the resource library. The full color single sheet is a nice convenience for troubleshooting on the truck though.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Crap. I can't remember but now my curiosity is up. I should know that but its been just long enough for an old guy to forget. Shooting from the hip, I say glass but I can't be absolutely certain.
I will get back to you
1980 is blade fuses. My 74 had the glass fuses. So.... I have no idea what year the actual changeover was, but it was somewhere between 75-79

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
FWIW......the (rebuilt) motor that is in that thread is a spare and for sale. Make me an offer on it and its yours. I have alot of spare stuff to unload.....just gotta get pics up.

:hat:
@Bruce Wingate This is the guy I was talking about that might be able to help you out. I just didn't want to volunteer him without him knowing lol.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
1980 is blade fuses. My 74 had the glass fuses. So.... I have no idea what year the actual changeover was, but it was somewhere between 75-79
My Dad had a 78 for many years, but I can't remember. I wanna say glass, but he sold it in the mid-90 so hard to remember details that far back. I wonder if a search will tell us....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84