Window issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGChorizo86

Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not sure exactly where to start at but having issues with both windows...

the driver side sounds like it has a lot of power but it seems to bind up. I am able to get it up and down by helping it pulling up or pushing down on it.

The passengers side sounds like it doesn’t have that much power and again I am able to pull up or down on the glass to get it to go up and down.

not sure where to start off with them, am I needing new motors, any adjustments I can do?

I have videos of them I just don’t know how to post them up.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I'd start with lubing up all moving parts, that should at least help!:cheers:

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I too would try the lube move. But it’s not uncommon for these motors to give up the ghost.
I’d do the relay mod to get more power to them AND swap motors. They get so abused with the low power setup they had. All the strain goes on the motor. I swapped the motor on my driver side and installed @gmachinz window wiring kit. And the driver side boogies. The passenger is a lot slower but has the original motor.

I originally used the original motor on the driver side too... it was mind numbingly slow and would get stuck at the up position. So it was indeed a dead motor which is why the replacement was purchased.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I too would try the lube move. But it’s not uncommon for these motors to give up the ghost.
I’d do the relay mod to get more power to them AND swap motors. They get so abused with the low power setup they had. All the strain goes on the motor. I swapped the motor on my driver side and installed @gmachinz window wiring kit. And the driver side boogies. The passenger is a lot slower but has the original motor.

I originally used the original motor on the driver side too... it was mind numbingly slow and would get stuck at the up position. So it was indeed a dead motor which is why the replacement was purchased. [/QUOTE Marcus, where did you get your motors? Spendy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising