Window and Door Seals Shopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll answer that myself, no. The front set does not match the last 2 doors, there is no way in hell.

You're right. They are way differant. Do let us know what you find out. Take pics too. I'll be expecting a write up on this 89S. :High 5:

:grd:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You're right. They are way differant. Do let us know what you find out. Take pics too. I'll be expecting a write up on this 89S. :High 5:

I SHOULD have done one, but it was one of those things that started out around 7PM as a "hmmmm....lemmee see if it'll just pop in in like 5 seconds", but turned into working about an hour past dark to finish it up. Couldn't take good pics and didn't have the "good" camera with me outside since I wasn't actually planning to install it. :sorrysign:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Are there specific left and right for these doors? I got some from A1 auto, and the Pin in the top stripping would not meet up with the location on the door.

Mine were different J86. There's a metal pin that attaches at the top front corner. The orientation of the pin mirrors from left to right.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well, my priority is the front doors, so I wll start with them and go from there. And I might even skip over the rear side doors and go right to the barn doors in the back, they need new seals in a bad way. That will be part of the rear crossmember project I guess that I am not looking forward to at all, lol...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My 84 needs door rubber and window felts bad. I can't hear the stereo over the wind noise t anything over 50mph.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
My 84 needs door rubber and window felts bad. I can't hear the stereo over the wind noise t anything over 50mph.

X2... but black electrical tape does wonders for impromptu sealers... my wing windows whistled, and lined it with the tape.. and it really hushed it down..

Could be singing to the choir on this.. but it worked for me :)

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty

me too x10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazdar