Window and Door Seals Shopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Anybody here buy these or shop for them? Window felts, channels strips and door seals? Is there a kit availiable somewhere? Like to replace the ones on my Burb, the drivers window seals and channel are particulary beat and worn. Like to do all four doors and the door seals.

Anybody install these before? Where is the cheapest deal? Do you need to re adjust the doors after installing the new door seals? Any tricks I need to know on doing the window channels and seals?

Maybe at a later time do the barn door seals after I replace the rear body crossmember.

:popcorn:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
classicparts of america, used to be chevy duty had a complete kit for like $50 cheapest I ever saw.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just checked that site out, the search on that is very vague. Can't even search by vehicle, just model year. And if I go to 1999 it shows gmt ****. :think: Good prices though...

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
X2 on classic parts. Lmc also has these parts. I can't remember which one I used for my truck, though.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'll answer that myself, no. The front set does not match the last 2 doors, there is no way in hell.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I got mine from classic parts. I ripped all mine out when I had it painted. So far, I've only reinstalled the DS felt. Just installing that made a huge difference in the road noise. Been too darn busy to get back on it lately. I will tell you that, unless you're pulling your door panel off, getting the felt channels back in the door is a BEEEYOTCH!!! Thru trial and error, what worked best for me was to snap in the little plastic anchor and metal clip at the top first. Then (w/window all the way down of course) take a spray bottle w/dishwashing liquid and generously spray a stream of water down whichever slot you're going to try first. I set the nozzle to STREAM instead of SPRAY. Then I wet the back side of the rubber and slopped dishwashing liquid on it starting at the bottom first, the working up about 8-10". Then I dripped a little stream of DW liquid down the track. After all that, fold the channel into a V, stick it in the track, then start sliding it down. Only try to push about and inch or 2 at a time so it doesn't just flow all over the place. Just keep adding DW liquid and water as you to go keep the track and the back of the channel slick. The last 3-4 inches were the worst. I ended up taking one of those 24" paint shields and using it to stick in the door down to where the bottom of the channel was, then push down on it so it would essentially pull it the rest of the way down. I was scared the paint shield was too sharp and would just slice the rubber, but it didn't seem too. The one I used looked like the attachment. Anything long, flat and sturdy should work though.

Attachments

• paint shield.jpg
    paint shield.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Thanks you for the info. :waytogo: I guess I will do one door at a time and take it slow.

Chevy man

Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
6 cyl
you might try jcwhittney.com:patriot:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:waytogo:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
buy the cheap front kit from classic and do them, then get piece by piece for the back doors.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Are there specific left and right for these doors? I got some from A1 auto, and the Pin in the top stripping would not meet up with the location on the door.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
buy the cheap front kit from classic and do them, then get piece by piece for the back doors.

You mean the window seals or the door seals?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
they got the whole door kit cheap I posted has window felts and channels and has door weatherstrip too I think all in one and enough for both front doors. Then buy what you need for the back ones seperately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue