Door Vent Window Ass'y Question, W Pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toad455

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello, I'm replacing both of my doors on my 78. I have two good donor doors that I'm sandblasting and getting ready to epoxy. In the pics with the arrows there's a metal flange that "appears" to be spot welded and broke. I was going to weld it up but my original doors (blue doors) are the same. I also noticed a screw (circled) that I never knew was there. My questions is: Is that area supposed to NOT be welded so it can slide back and forth for adjustment, then tightened after assembly with that screw? Or is there a weld that is broke? It seems like that long screw can be backed off to allow the inner and outer door shell to be spread apart for ease of removal and install of the vent window assembly, then the screw be tightened up to draw the inner and outer door shells back together to be tight against the seals. I can't believe I've never noticed this over all the years of working on these trucks. Thanks.

Attachments

• Door 1.jpg
    Door 1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Door 2.jpg
    Door 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Door 3.jpg
    Door 3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17
  • Door 4.jpg
    Door 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
It seems like that long screw can be backed off to allow the inner and outer door shell to be spread apart for ease of removal and install of the vent window assembly, then the screw be tightened up to draw the inner and outer door shells back together to be tight against the seals. I can't believe I've never noticed this over all the years of working on these trucks
I think that's the right explanation. I have this on my 74 c20 doors with a screw on both sides and had to loosen them to get the vent window out.

Toad455

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think that's the right explanation. I have this on my 74 c20 doors with a screw on both sides and had to loosen them to get the vent window out.
Thank you much, that makes sense. I'll have to put the new seals on to see how far to adjust that screw before I do my final block sanding so there won't be a pooch or sag in that area. I played around with screwing it in and out and it makes a big difference.

Toad455

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thank you much, that makes sense. I'll have to put the new seals on to see how far to adjust that screw before I do my final block sanding so there won't be a pooch or sag in that area. I played around with screwing it in and out and it makes a big difference

I'm glad I didn't weld up where I thought it was broke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod