Whoa! Blue Betty, Bam-a-Lam. (My dream mod thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
That's a damn good lookin burb ya got...my suggestion... do a little at a time and see how it goes.. maybe lower it first then change the rims and go from there... I do agree that it shouldn't be hacked up because it's so original but it is yours so do whatever turns you on...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Must be the day for the nicer OEMs to get beat up on.

bdiamond

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
picture.php

Any idea where this picture came from? I'm digging the rear wheels

harrisso1

Reaction score
First Name
dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
383 5.7
I wouldnt change a thing bro, I got my truck unmolested and original and i feel bad for the mods that i did do (engine swap, hot rod). Keep it tasteful, There are plenty of squares out there already hacked/custom for you to play with. Its just so clean, and you will never see another color like that on trucks again. I have same on my SWB

TheBlue'Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 10
Engine Size
SO... the more I drive 'er around... thinking about how she just floats down the highway... and the money I would put into moddin' 'er... the more I think I will leave 'er be. Having gone from a Subaru station wagon to a Burb was a bit of a climb, but now that I have had it for a while, I have gotten quite used to the height. While our other Subaru was in the shop, I followed my wife home in the work van while she drove the 'Burb.... and lemme tell you, it looks damn good. Her reaction to having to drive it? "I feel pretty damn Bad Ass! I bet no one expects to see a skinny white girl with two car seats driving this thing!"

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
SO... the more I drive 'er around... thinking about how she just floats down the highway... and the money I would put into moddin' 'er... the more I think I will leave 'er be. Having gone from a Subaru station wagon to a Burb was a bit of a climb, but now that I have had it for a while, I have gotten quite used to the height. While our other Subaru was in the shop, I followed my wife home in the work van while she drove the 'Burb.... and lemme tell you, it looks damn good. Her reaction to having to drive it? "I feel pretty damn Bad Ass! I bet no one expects to see a skinny white girl with two car seats driving this thing!"

Hell yeah buddy. Now you're coming around to my way of thinking. I think I'd tine the windows and leave it alone and just keep it clean and maybe some rust prevention coating on the underside of it. :waytogo:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That's some great news. I hope ya stick to it. HR I can't wait until you get yours roadworthy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's some great news. I hope ya stick to it. HR I can't wait until you get yours roadworthy.

I'm sure trying. Boss Lady just got back from her cruise yesterday. I intend on talking to her about cutting up that 88-90 tornado truck to get the TBI350 and K case 700r4 out of it. If I do, then that 167,000 mile motor will be going in the Burb. I need to ASAP. The C20 broke the flywheel and it's clanging and banging like it has a rod knock. At least I sure hope it's the flywheel. The torque converter is whining bad too, so it might be the torque converter. It's not consistant enough to be a rod knock, but nonetheless, it's bad enough, I won't drive it for now. I'd rather fix the Burb first, and just might part out the C20 and keep the Fo Fitty Fo for a race truck project and other various parts I'll use on the 4x4's.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Glad to see the OP is coming around to how these rigs handle and how good they can ride without too much "cutting up" :D Glad you're enjoying your burb :)

TheBlue'Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 10
Engine Size
Glad to see the OP is coming around to how these rigs handle and how good they can ride without too much "cutting up" :D Glad you're enjoying your burb :)

"The OP"? :confused:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
OP = original poster :D I wast just too lazy to type your name or "original poster"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL