Where did you order your carpet from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I ended up with some free time so yesterday I pulled my interior out. Had 2 broken bolts to deal with but after that things went smooth. I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't had the rubber mat up since I put it in 15 or so years ago. All and all things looked good. There was a little surface rust on the driver side and a few little spots on the passenger side but nothing I was concerned with. I sand them down and hit them with some Rustoleum rust reformer paint.

As far as the carpet goes I was surprised how much trimming I had to do. Once I got it in place I had to take about 8 inches off the front edge up under the firewall and about 2 inches off the back edge. I ran out of time and still have to trim the sides but have probably 4 inches or so to trim off to get it inside the weather stripping. Here's what I had when I pulled the rubber mat out.
In some of the pictures it looks discolored from front to back. That is just the fluorescent light shining through the windshield which has a "brow" tint across the top.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is wiped down and with the rustoleum sprayed.

I put down Kilmat but didn't go all out like some people do. I read enough articles that said you don't need 100% coverage so I put down as many full squares as I could and then filled in a few spots with some cut strips.

Here is how the carpet first laid in. I had to rough trim quite a bit to get it to this point but you can see it is still rolled up under the firewall.

Here it is after it has set for a while and with the front edge and back edge being trimmed.

Here it is with the seat back in. Still need to clean up the trim ring that goes around my transfer case shifter/boot. Also have to trim the sides before I put the new sill plates in.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Last one with the seat in. i have all new trim and a new headliner just need to get them in. Plan to pull the dash and try to refurb it myself, if it doesn't work out I'll probably buy a new one.

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
LS 6.0
I ended up with some free time so yesterday I pulled my interior out. Had 2 broken bolts to deal with but after that things went smooth. I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't had the rubber mat up since I put it in 15 or so years ago. All and all things looked good. There was a little surface rust on the driver side and a few little spots on the passenger side but nothing I was concerned with. I sand them down and hit them with some Rustoleum rust reformer paint.

As far as the carpet goes I was surprised how much trimming I had to do. Once I got it in place I had to take about 8 inches off the front edge up under the firewall and about 2 inches off the back edge. I ran out of time and still have to trim the sides but have probably 4 inches or so to trim off to get it inside the weather stripping. Here's what I had when I pulled the rubber mat out.
In some of the pictures it looks discolored from front to back. That is just the fluorescent light shining through the windshield which has a "brow" tint across the top.

Here it is wiped down and with the rustoleum sprayed.

I put down Kilmat but didn't go all out like some people do. I read enough articles that said you don't need 100% coverage so I put down as many full squares as I could and then filled in a few spots with some cut strips.

Here is how the carpet first laid in. I had to rough trim quite a bit to get it to this point but you can see it is still rolled up under the firewall.

Here it is after it has set for a while and with the front edge and back edge being trimmed.

Here it is with the seat back in. Still need to clean up the trim ring that goes around my transfer case shifter/boot. Also have to trim the sides before I put the new sill plates in.
what new sill plates did you get?

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
Ordered mine from USA-1. Fit and looks great. They shipped it fairly fast, not like the dash pad I ordered in July and am still waiting for........

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just an update I ended up getting my carpet finished, new floor mats (also from ACC), and a new dash. Pretty much done with the interior. I ended up ordering my Dash from Truck and Car parts in CA. I am not sure if most of the aftermarket dashes are made by one company, similar to the carpet or not.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@midwest Looks Great!
Did you find that the “mold “ to go over the floor humps under the seat are too large or too deep to conform tightly to the shape of the floor pan? Especially on each end where you can see it!
I left the original padding under the seat and down to the door sill as it was in good shape. And it’s pretty thick but it feels like in order to ever fit well/tightly one would need to build up that surface an inch or 2.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine fit just fine. At first I was a little concerned but in the time it took me to trim the front and back edge it had started to lay better. I had it in my barn and had the wood stove cranking and had it about 75 degrees in there as it was below freezing outside. Not sure if it helped or not but figured having everything nice and warm wouldn't hurt.

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
Looks awesome

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
looks like a good result . i have a scabby vinyl mat in mine right now . will most likely go with rock auto now ive seen yours and you are happy with it

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
ah...there was a post about a year ago on this subject. I'll keep an eye out for it. But there were plenty of raves and the price was lower than I expected. I wanna say $200, but it's been a while.

[edit] lol thats what I get for not reading the whole post. Good job.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
looks like a good result . i have a scabby vinyl mat in mine right now . will most likely go with rock auto now ive seen yours and you are happy with it
I am happy with it. From what I learned most places selling carpet sell ACC brand carpet. So I would shop around. When I bought mine Rock Auto was the cheapest I found, but you might find someone selling it them cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickey1977