Where did you order your carpet from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thinking about going from the rubber mat I currently have to black carpet. Rock Auto has the ACC black with mass backing for just under $200.00, this includes shipping. From what I have read just about everyone sells the ACC brand carpet. Are there any other retailers selling the molded carpet with mass backing any cheaper?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You can try the Truck Shop.

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
LS 6.0
Thinking about going from the rubber mat I currently have to black carpet. Rock Auto has the ACC black with mass backing for just under $200.00, this includes shipping. From what I have read just about everyone sells the ACC brand carpet. Are there any other retailers selling the molded carpet with mass backing any cheaper?
Rock Auto has the cheapest I have seen. Ordering some for my 85 now!

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Rock auto is cheapest go with Essex and mass backing. It's a better quality carpet compared to the loop

Terry Wilkerson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
LMC and Classic Parts both have carpet sets. Also kick panels and lower door carpet covers.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks, from what I am seeing Rock Auto is cheaper with the better backer than what LMC is with the standard carpet. Looks like Rock Auto is going to be the cheapest, at least for this brand carpet with the mass backing.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine is ACC carpet with I think mass backing. Has the 1/2 -3/4” thick wool looking stuff under the front half of it.
The Truck and Car shop is $169 just looked it up.
My only complaint is that the while it appears to be the right width exactly side to side, the molded humps for the trans tunnel and gas tank bumps are too “tall”. No matter how I fit it, and I secured it in several areas with sticky Velcro (may as well used double sided tape after the fact) it’s not tight across the trans hump nor the tank bumps.
Not horrible but it wouldn’t fit tight unless I padded up the trans tunnel and tank bumps by about an inch.
Fwiw I left all the original insulation in place under the seat as it was in good shape and lined the front floorboards and trans tunnel with 1 layer of Kilmat or whatever. The 80mil foil faced stuff not the real thick foam.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That price is not free shipping so probably about the same as Rock Auto.
Overall, though, I bought a bunch of parts and trim couple years ago at the same time. Getting it all in one order, 1 shipping charge The Truck Shop had the best prices overall and best stock of parts out of all the typical suppliers like Classic Parts LMC, etc.
Got a very good quality dash imo from them as well and a bit less $ than the other comparable suppliers.
Only gripe is a couple of the misc parts were wrong (and if I knew more about the truck when I bought them and didn’t trust the catalog would have got the right ones). They offered to return them but wouldn’t pick up shipping back and wanted a restocking fee because it had been too long (about a year) even though I ordered the parts called out for my year and model.
So quality parts but if I returned them I’d still have eaten about half the cost or about $30-40. I’m busy and it was more of a pain in the ass so I kept the parts.
I’d use them again. Just knowing it ain’t like Amazon. Lol

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I ended up ordering the carpet with mass backing from Rock Auto. Also ordered Dynamat from Amazon and new sill plates from LMC. The only main project left on the interior is the dash pad. I am going to try to re do it myself following some of the tips on here. If it doesn't work out Ill just buy one, if it does work out I've saved $400.00 or so.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My carpet was delivered today. I won't be able to get it installed for a couple weeks based my work schedule. Should I pull it out of the box and let it sit more flat somewhere or should I assume it's been rolled up in a box since it was manufactured and another couple weeks won't hurt anything?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike