What's the most dangerous tool in your shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Silverado crew cab dually
Engine Size
L82 350
I would have to say I'm the most dangerous tool in my shop

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
20 ton press scares me the most. when you start putting more pressure on something than you think you should have too and just being scared your going to grenade what ever it is so it explodes right into your dick.

death wheel can be scary but ours actually still have the guards on them so they are not that bad.

really i hurt myself doing something stupid with a tool more often than not. its not that the tools are dangerous its that im an idiot.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
20 ton press scares me the most. when you start putting more pressure on something than you think you should have too and just being scared your going to grenade what ever it is so it explodes right into your dick.

Yeah, that's a great one there. POW! And **** goes flying everywhere.... Lol. Not. Good.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Take your pick. Any tool in or not in my hand usually turns into the most dangerous. Always when I least expect it. My wife won't come near the garage. But she's always ready with a bandage and that 'look'.

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
what is this thing you call a guard hmm must be some OSHA BS

lol our shop is pretty far from osha regulated.

but idk ive never had a death wheel without a guard. i can think of 3 my dad has gone through in my life time and they all had a guard lol.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
lol our shop is pretty far from osha regulated.

but idk ive never had a death wheel without a guard. i can think of 3 my dad has gone through in my life time and they all had a guard lol.
I don't like guards they get in my way more than help then again i like to live on the edge

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I don't like guards they get in my way more than help then again i like to live on the edge
I would hope that you were being funny there. From your past posts, I'm not so sure. If you said that around my 18 year old daughter, she would laugh at you, and just walk away.... Just a thought. Being tough, isn't about how tough you can talk....

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I would hope that you were being funny there. From your past posts, I'm not so sure. If you said that around my 18 year old daughter, she would laugh at you, and just walk away.... Just a thought. Being tough, isn't about how tough you can talk....

it was part joke i kind of rather use grinders with guards but my work takes most of them off and my father being an ironworker said the guards are useless and that you cant fit a over sized wheel on(i hated useing over sized blades it always thought i would cut my self never did) and took all the guards off at the house well now that he is dead i cant ask were he put the guards, so now every grinder i use except at school has no guard and now that i am used to no guard i somewhat don't like it when i use a guarded grinder and the guard gets in the way of the blade

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
where's the super like button?

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
My 1912 Monarch Model A 14 x 42 Engine lathe would qualify as dangerous. Really Really prior to OSHA
It has a 4 speed Turner Uni-Drive mounted above the spindle cone pulley with a 5" wide leather belt driving the spindle. No guards at all. Only mildly safer than a cone pulley on the ceiling like the arrangement that originally drove the spindle.
As if an engine lathe needed more ways to damage you.
You must be registered for see images attach

My Burke #4 Milling Machine has a nice open belt for errant fingers and loose clothing to get caught in too...
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg