What's the most dangerous tool in your shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollie

Reaction score
I've seen this on a few other boards and thought we could try it here as well.So what's the most dangerous tool in your shop?
Mine is my 5" grinder.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
basic tools really like my cutting torch set your pants on fire
and the hammer you can beat dent out till you wack your fingers

GothRod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheater pipe...I mean, it's whole purpose is to put WAAAAAY more power to your tools than they were designed for lmao

My fave move is STANDING on the cheater pipe and bouncing...that never ends well.

-John

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
Cheater pipe...I mean, it's whole purpose is to put WAAAAAY more power to your tools than they were designed for lmao

My fave move is STANDING on the cheater pipe and bouncing...that never ends well.

-John

:lol: I can see you now jumping on it and the it slips and you come falling down on the cement. :crazy:

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
i do that changing a tire haha or i use my foot to push the cheater bar under my hood when i work on my truck
yea i would agree with the cheater bar i mean when the ratchet goes so do your knuckles

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Catching my shoes on fire with the arc welder was fun. :jester:

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Catching my shoes on fire with the arc welder was fun. :jester:

That's nothing, my neighbors 24 year old son caught his twig and giggle berries on fire when he dropped the oxy/acetylene torch in his lap when he was welding one day while wearing shorts. :Whoa:

Of coarse I had to laugh at the site of him running around pounding on his nuts while he hollered like a 12 year old girl too, but what are friends for?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
That's nothing, my neighbors 24 year old son caught his twig and giggle berries on fire when he dropped the oxy/acetylene torch in his lap when he was welding one day while wearing shorts. :Whoa:

Of coarse I had to laugh at the site of him running around pounding on his nuts while he hollered like a 12 year old girl too, but what are friends for?

HAHAHA if you had it on tape.... Awesome.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I caught on video me falling out of the back of a truck trying to use a cheater bar and 1/2" POS Craftsman ratchet to break loose the old lugnuts on my 14 bolt when I first got it home. Ratchet slipped and I went backwards over the bed side. And hell no, I'm not posting the video lol.

My most dangerous tool would have to be my welder. I'm always getting burned somehow.

f1shman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'd have to say the cheap 3/8" drive extensions that were passed down to me are the most dangerous out of the whole bunch. I've actually broken two of them so far without the assistance of a cheater bar. Of course, when you put that much effort into turning the breaker bar you're going to have a good amount of momentum when the tool breaks and you lose the effect of resistance. That's usually the time that you find the nearest sharp edge of sheet metal the hard way.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Ah, the joys of buying tools on a budget. Between the pretzel shaped screwdrivers, stripped ratchets, and busted extensions, my membership in the Busted Knuckle Club is well earned.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I love those really strong air rachets with the palm triggers that wedge your hand against sharp edges. They need some kind of killswitch thats faster than unplugging the hose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8