What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
@Camar068 Do you really need the swivel feature, I know it's nice, but fixed would work for me.

more worried about it not being locked down is all. With a big part that could turn into a good knuckle buster.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Is it cast? Can it be welded so it's fixed?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
hopefully the parts don't cost that much. I could just put a big ass bolt through it and call it a day, we'll see.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is it cast? Can it be welded so it's fixed?

On our service trucks, we have a vice mounted on the rear. The swivel locks were always working loose and the road vibrations caused them to not lock down very well at all anymore. On my truck, I simply mig welded the vice right to the base and it has held up great for a couple years so far.

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
New toy finally got a cordless 1/2" impact. I went with this one instead if the more powerful one due to size. All my cordless are dewalt so I don't have to buy different systems. Worked great doing the brakes on my 2013 Malibu

You must be registered for see images attach

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
The powder coat oven that we use at work for heating bushings up to install them stopped working, so bossman asked if I wanted it, I couldn't refuse a deal like that.
Turned out the thermostat burned up, couldn't find a direct replacement, but found one that looked like it would work, got it installed and its back in business, guess I need to get a powder coat gun now..

The old thermostat

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I am cleaning up all the scrap and junk in the yard and I wanted a battery powered doodad to help disassemble things.

So I did some internet searching and found the Harbor Freight line of Bauer tools to fit the bill.
I just wanted a simple 1/4 inch impact to be able to switch bits quickly and efficiently.
They have a cool little kit that includes the tool, charger, and a battery all for $65 complete.
I did end up buying an extra battery and the $18 2 year extended warranty with it figuring it would easily pay for itself.

I have used it for a few hours already and it has done a fantastic job so far.
It has a solid feel and has removed every thing that I have asked it too.
I am sure that it will make removing things at the junkyard much simpler for me.

I went with this one as I didn't find a "kit" available with what I wanted.
Most of the local box store kits had stuff I didn't really want in them or the prices have gone up a bunch.

I will eventually purchase the matching Sawzall with a larger battery for extended use.
After that it will be a 3/8 inch impact as I just don't really need all the heft of the 1/2.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I want to get a new tool soon(close enough to lately) that’s 20 volt dewalt. I have 3 batteries and 2 charger stands but he only use I have for them are my heated jackets I got ridiculously cheap.

I don’t need a heated jacket for half the year or more, I was thinking about a leaf blower.. maybe..something speciality or uniquely helpfulthat im gonna be happy I got. I have a lot of power tools in Milwaukee already. Lighting is something that interests me, I want a Milwaukee under hood lamp but I don’t think dewalt has any like that. what I have:
Screw guns, impacts from large to small, old 18v sawzall(heavy, maybe dewalt is light?), ratchet, air compressor(only 12v, wouldn’t mind getting upgrade)

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Prepare to empty some of the tool fund to buy 20V Dewalt.......

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I want to get a new tool soon(close enough to lately) that’s 20 volt dewalt. I have 3 batteries and 2 charger stands but he only use I have for them are my heated jackets I got ridiculously cheap.

I don’t need a heated jacket for half the year or more, I was thinking about a leaf blower.. maybe..something speciality or uniquely helpfulthat im gonna be happy I got. I have a lot of power tools in Milwaukee already. Lighting is something that interests me, I want a Milwaukee under hood lamp but I don’t think dewalt has any like that. what I have:
Screw guns, impacts from large to small, old 18v sawzall(heavy, maybe dewalt is light?), ratchet, air compressor(only 12v, wouldn’t mind getting upgrade)

I've got a compact body Dewalt XR Sawzall and it's awesome, especially when paired with an 8 amp hour battery. And Diablo brand metal blades. Those are awesome too.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I've got a compact body Dewalt XR Sawzall and it's awesome, especially when paired with an 8 amp hour battery. And Diablo brand metal blades. Those are awesome too.
For my use compact isn’t a necessity as much as just being lighter (those can technically be different depending on construction) here are my current sawZall things

I also have two corded ones that are old but like the left one are bulky and heavy

for me it would be helpful to have something two handed but easier to hold overhead or out from your core for Like cutting branches or laying under something. Does yours weigh much?

my only current option is to use an adapter on a small m18 battery but that is only a pound or two

im not weak but I’m sure anyone who hunts knows the struggle lol and I can’t figure out how to put a sling on the sawZall yet:mad:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Even a tool only purchase? Batteries are outrageous I know that for sure. I figured the cost without that hopefully is doable?

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
My understanding is that th 20V / 18V thing with DeWalt is mostly marketing. Apparently they're cross-compatible and 20V is really only after a fresh charge.

I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128