What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Went to the new HF right behind my home. This might not be good for my wallet. Lol

Got this hand vacuum brake bleeding tool.

You must be registered for see images attach

Saw this one you can hook to an air compressor. Has anyone ever used this? I don't think it will work on my Mc because I have the flat black top on mine and it won't screw into it.

$24 for hand pump $34 on sale for $19 for air compressor one with ITC membership. Insider Tool Club.
I have the hand pump vacuum bleeder and have never got it to work correctly. I screwed with it for hours before asking the wife to just pump the pedal to bleed my brakes. I would have tossed it but it’s handy to test vacuum actuators.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I have been working on my bumper for my Extracab. The bumper has been filled with bondo, for little dings and dents. Looks like it was done properly...Bondo feathered way beyond the dent, and couple layers of primer, and a couple layers of paint. Wire wheel on my 4 inch grinder was taking for ever. I bought a Eastwood SCT paint remover a couple of years ago. Got it down, took it out of the box, and it has made life so much easier. If you are looking for something to remove paint off of a panel, I highly recommended it.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got sick of the crappy ones I have so spent a couple of bucks and up graded.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
My brake lines have such air in them I'd have forearms like Popeye if I used the hand pump. So I got this electric pump to do it with. Need to get a toggle switch for it. Tested it yesterday and it works. The rest of my brake parts are gonna be here next week so I'll find out next week.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Yesterday ordered a Fowler 72-646-300 Dial Bore Gauge. This morning ordered a Fowler 52-240-004-1 3"-4" Outside Micrometer.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Yesterday ordered a Fowler 72-646-300 Dial Bore Gauge. This morning ordered a Fowler 52-240-004-1 3"-4" Outside Micrometer.

What are you going to be Micin there little buddy? BBC?

You know I still have the 396 for you if you ever show up? I have made my decision I'm putting a LS in the Extracab....If I can talk the little woman into it LSX

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
What are you going to be Micin there little buddy? BBC?

You know I still have the 396 for you if you ever show up? I have made my decision I'm putting a LS in the Extracab....If I can talk the little woman into it LSX

Hey Shawn! Hope all is well with you and yours. Doing well over here. Gearing up to swap in the semi-hot 292 into Crusty Biscuit. Need to mic the bores to see if it can just be re-ringed and honed, or if it needs to be overbored, which will push the project back a little longer. The engine has great compression, average 154 per cylinder. Having a lumped head done right now, that will be upping the intake valves to 1.94, and the exhaust to 1.60. The lumps increase the CFM by around 78 CFM over a stock head. Got a high velocity Aussie Speed intake, and dual ductile iron exhaust manifolds, it will be much more free-flowing than a stock 292. According to the dyno charts done years ago by others, on a 292 with a similar setup to this, the torque never drops off like a stock engine does. Should be a good setup. I wanted to go with a 396, but ended up with a 292 instead. Been gathering parts over the last couple years, now it's time to start working on this beast.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Unboxed the new generator this morning and I am running a breakin cycle. Nearly identical to my iGen2200 and Generac GP2200i with the exception of the slightly larger engine and a few minor details.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Did a run into town today for a few things from harbor freight. Mainly it had just been a long time since I'd be to HF, and I needed, stuff like impact driver bits, razor blades, grinding disks, air hose, gloves ect, the boring kind of expendable supply stuff. $250 worth, of boring, but one thing I'd like to make mention of. Staple gun. I'm talking T-50 arrow type stapler. Sure I've got an air stapler, but sometimes you just need a regular staple, I use it enough around the farm that I bought the cordless Bauer stapler. for $44 put in about 200 1/2 staples this afternoon and it never missed a beat, and drove all the staples in all the way.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
New to me 2005 7hp 60 gallon Maxus Air compressor. Installed in the barn. Only a single stage have to be patient using the Blaster but it will work better than my old tired 1960's compressor.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Was pretty happy to use my new top and tilt on my home tractor today with the box blade for some fine tuning on an area.

Turns out the dealer sold me the wrong side link cylinder. It’s too long and even fully collapsed it’s longer than the static side. Before realizing that, I had replaced a pinched o ring before even installing it.

there’s always tomorrow, I guess...

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Not new, but new to me! It's also better than new! Picked up this gem for $100 the other day, been looking for a good old commercial/industrial bench grinder for a while. This is the one tool my garage has been missing, that is basically a necessity. Has all the original pieces too! Like the shields and guards, will be taking the face shields off as I don't like them and they are junk anyways. 7 inch wheel, 5/8 arbor.

You can't beat old school when it comes to tools like this. I believe it's a 1975 model, but it's still smooth as butter and quiet, even with wore out wheels. It's a Wissota model E-7, out of Minneapolis, just one state over from me.

Going to get a new grinding wheel and a new wire wheel then mount it up on the bench. Might redo the paint this summer... it has a cool hammer tone paint, definitely will go back to the hammer tone, with that classic tealish color.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Did a run into town today for a few things from harbor freight. Mainly it had just been a long time since I'd be to HF, and I needed, stuff like impact driver bits, razor blades, grinding disks, air hose, gloves ect, the boring kind of expendable supply stuff. $250 worth, of boring, but one thing I'd like to make mention of. Staple gun. I'm talking T-50 arrow type stapler. Sure I've got an air stapler, but sometimes you just need a regular staple, I use it enough around the farm that I bought the cordless Bauer stapler. for $44 put in about 200 1/2 staples this afternoon and it never missed a beat, and drove all the staples in all the way.

damn it man!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not new, but new to me! It's also better than new! Picked up this gem for $100 the other day, been looking for a good old commercial/industrial bench grinder for a while. This is the one tool my garage has been missing, that is basically a necessity. Has all the original pieces too! Like the shields and guards, will be taking the face shields off as I don't like them and they are junk anyways. 7 inch wheel, 5/8 arbor.

You can't beat old school when it comes to tools like this. I believe it's a 1975 model, but it's still smooth as butter and quiet, even with wore out wheels. It's a Wissota model E-7, out of Minneapolis, just one state over from me.

Going to get a new grinding wheel and a new wire wheel then mount it up on the bench. Might redo the paint this summer... it has a cool hammer tone paint, definitely will go back to the hammer tone, with that classic tealish color.

Nice!

I can't remember if I showed off the drill press I got. I love beefy old shop tools.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Nice!

I can't remember if I showed off the drill press I got. I love beefy old shop tools.

"Powermatic" I love those old names lol. Nice looking unit! I'm looking for a drill press as well!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly