What kind of tool box do you have at home??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
The bad part is that I have over $80k in Snapon tools and I still dont have all that I need!

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
The bad part is that I have over $80k in Snapon tools and I still dont have all that I need!

I can believe that just by looking at your pics of your toolboxes and your garage.:) If I had to make a living with my tools you can bet I would have Snap On or Mac.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Purchased my first Snapon tool at 16, still have it too! Kinda cool..

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
husky 52"

I just picked this up had to order it online. Good home tool box and pretty reasonable price for how big it is. I like it so far but now need more tools to fill it up..

Attachments

• 20150819_183549.jpg
    20150819_183549.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 132

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
anyone use the harbor freight boxes? I am getting my first house soon and want to get a box finally for my garage but I don't have a ton of money so I was checking theirs out....

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have all Craftsman tool boxes. A nice tower box and 2 smaller rolling boxes. I also have a rolling cart from Husky that I use almost everyday. Tool wize I have mainly Craftsman but I have tools from a lot of different manufacturers. Been collecting tools for years and usually have what I need or I'll buy it if it's feasible!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
anyone use the harbor freight boxes? I am getting my first house soon and want to get a box finally for my garage but I don't have a ton of money so I was checking theirs out....

My brother picked up one of their roll cabs a couple yearys ago. Think he got it for around $700ish with the super coupon. I remember he said it's pretty good for a home box. Feels solid for the lower price.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Check it over carefully before purchasing. The quality was good until about a year ago.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I buy mostly craftsmen. Built a lot of **** in my time and broke some tools but cant beat the price for the wuality. I had buddies that had the snap on truck stop by monthly but they were always in debt to him. Like a car note. I don't understand why some one would pay for tools like that. Specialty stuff I get. But regular hand tools? You're wasting hard earned money that could be put elsewhere. And mechanics dont Make all that good of money to justify it

quaddriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy R2500
Engine Size
The big one
here's what I work out of. The little Craftsman boxes just out of frame to the left are what I started with out of high school. The stainless Steel Glide I picked up about ten years ago from Sam's Club. It's held up ok for a China special, eight years of daily use at the dealership, the last year and a half at home. the drawer glides are starting to wear out though.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is about what I have as well, except my very bottom drawer is in 3rds. Held up to commercial use for the last 16 years. got it from sams also. It does not fit everything, the shop has cabinets and drawers all over. just my goto tools are in there.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I buy mostly craftsmen. Built a lot of **** in my time and broke some tools but cant beat the price for the wuality. I had buddies that had the snap on truck stop by monthly but they were always in debt to him. Like a car note. I don't understand why some one would pay for tools like that. Specialty stuff I get. But regular hand tools? You're wasting hard earned money that could be put elsewhere. And mechanics dont Make all that good of money to justify it

I started out with Craftsman too, but once I started doing it for a living you notice a difference pretty quick. The trick to not being in constant debt to the tool dealer is to buy what you need to work certain models, instead of complete sets of stuff. The only drawback is that only works if you're at a dealer where you know what you're working on day in and day out. Just adding a little at a time over the years gets you a pretty decent collection. And the tool dealer you have makes a huge difference too. Some aren't worth a ****, and you play hell trying to get stuff warrantied. I quit wrenching professionally 2 years ago, and I still call my Snap-On dealer when I need something. Sears pissed me off years ago with their hit and miss warranty BS. I know if I break something with a Snap-On logo, it gets replaced. No questions asked.

And I still have a LOT of craftsman stuff that gets used regularly, just haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
man some of you have some awesome setups!!! I look forward to the day that I have the room for setups like that. I don't have a pic just yet of my setup but it's nothing compared to some of you guys :lol:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
man some of you have some awesome setups!!! I look forward to the day that I have the room for setups like that. I don't have a pic just yet of my setup but it's nothing compared to some of you guys :lol:

You posted this at exactly 12:34. Excellent work sir.
:party36::popcorn:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTGAP