What kind of tool box do you have at home??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
What kind of tool box do you have at home? Post some pics here, small or large? Old or new? In the house or in the garage? Is there a story about how you got it? Post them here for all to see!!!

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
attachment.php

Husky badged Mac made by Beach.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Here are mine, would have got bigger if that crappy water heater was not in the way! Please excuse the clutter...

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 117

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Cool Retro, always liked Mac tools.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Used to wrench for a living so the tool boxes, never thought about how big they were or that I would be bringing them home...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
here's what I work out of. The little Craftsman boxes just out of frame to the left are what I started with out of high school. The stainless Steel Glide I picked up about ten years ago from Sam's Club. It's held up ok for a China special, eight years of daily use at the dealership, the last year and a half at home. the drawer glides are starting to wear out though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Those stainless boxes are hard to come by now, I think Cosco had one like it too.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
yeah, I seem to recall they had one too. I really wish I could have found a stainless roll cab, like the snap-on boxes.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
One of the guys I used to work with loved that box. he had the hoist directly across from mine. Whenever he had to check brake light bulbs all he had to do was check the reflection off the box.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
I bought myselof a new Craftsman box about a year ago, I really like it but no cool story lol but my wife has a Husky toolbox thats cooler box than my last one.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 101

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Here are my two little tool towers. They are stuffed full. I need another but I do not have room for it. The tower by itself is my son's. He is almost 16. He has had it for two years now. It is pretty full as well. The single box on the bench is for working on rifles and also holds scope mounting supplies and gun cleaning supplies as well. The stack on box set with all of the stickers was the first one that I had when I was a teenager.

Attachments

• IMG_6793.jpg
    IMG_6793.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6792.jpg
    IMG_6792.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6795.jpg
    IMG_6795.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6796.jpg
    IMG_6796.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6794.jpg
    IMG_6794.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 110

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Dam! How many tools do you have??

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Dam! How many tools do you have??

I really had to laugh when I saw this.:) Let me just say that you would love to have me for a neighbor. I have one neighbor that comes to me for everything. It is a pain sometimes. If I moved, he would be lost.

My dad used to work at a Heating/AC company that specialized in Lennox furnaces. He was their lead residential man. If you had trouble with your furnace or AC he was the man that visited you. Anyways he told me that I had more tools than 90% of the homes that he had been in during his entire career. The other 10% were pro mechanics by trade.

I am not a pro mechanic but I think my son is headed in that direction. In any event I have provided him with a lot tools so that he does not have to buy them. I also have a spare brand new 246 piece Craftsman tool set still in the box as a reserve.

I have a friend that used to be a body man by trade. He told me that he had over $16000 worth of tools in his box. This was back in the 90's. Anyways, he told me that he never, ever loans his tools out. He also told me that if I needed to borrow anything to let him know. I have never borrowed any tools. I always buy them.

In my mind, you can't have enough tools.:)

BTW- I am sure that I can fill the sixteen feet of toolbox that you have in your garage. But they won't be Snap on or Mac tools though unfortunately.:)
You have a nice garage.

I have another garage that is not finished yet. It is 30 x 64 with 10 foot ceilings. The doors are 10 foot wide by 8 foot high on one side and 10 foot by 9 foot high on the other side. You can drive through it.

I have a H beam running left to right that is over 29 feet long. It is rated to handle two ton without any support. The walls are 2x6 frame. It is going to cost me around $10000 just to put the floor in it.

I have a metal pit welded up to drop into the floor. The garage will be nice when it is done. I will have my tool boxes out there when it is finished.

Anyways sorry for the book.:)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
My Pops is a HD mechanic and has all SnapOn hand tools. He easily has $60,000 in hand tools. No Joke I went and picked up a set of open/box end wrenches with a special angle for him and dropped $1600 for them LOL

My Tool Boxes are too lame to post LOL. Just the tiny chest with drawers. My unique claim is that for as small as they are I have every tool needed to do a complete tear down and rebuild of my old square haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54