What is your daily if not square body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I wish my dad would have let me keep it, but he sold it to a step bro cuz I wasn't 16 yet but he had bought a 71 SB brand new. Not sure if the Fuel Inejection was an option or standard, but this one was fuel injected. I remember that thing well. I remember at age 11, I was sneaking off driving it around the block. Then when I did turn 16 my mom says, I guess I'll teach how to drive the Toyota (manual trans) so you can take your drivers test in it since her husband wasn't going to let me drive their vehicle. :lol: We walk in the house, and my step dad says, so did he tear it up like Scott (my older step bro) did? Uhhh NO, he drove it better than I do, and made NO mistakes and I asked him where he learned to drive a stick and he tells me he used to steal the VW and drive it around the block so he already knew how.

That reminds me of when I was 14-15. The '56 was already mine, but I wasn't old enough to drive it. Mom and was always busy working or at the softball games after work, so I'd take the car out and drive around the east side of town. I's learned how to drive a stick on a Cushman at the golf course. I wasn't good at it, so taking off was the hardest part. I was cruising up towards main street on a side street that is right across from the softball fields. Cocky move with the amount of people there that knew the car, but I didn't care. Mom was leaving and somehow didn't see me. I about crapped myself. I knew she was going home and she only had one traffic light that might stop her. I had three stop signs and about a 1/4 mile more to go because of the way the streets didn't parallel main street. I raced down the streets, and turned the corner to park the car in its spot, jumped out and just got the door closed when she pulled up. How she didn't hear the exhaust crackling as it cooled is beyond me. Good memories.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
You must be registered for see images attach

My new daily for now, just rwd with the 3.5 HO. So far really like it, for an '05 only has 65k on it. not the greatest side view out the back corners though. Sure has a lot of space in it, which is deceiving by the low roof line.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Either a 2012 mustang GT or 2003 GMC Sierra 2500hd. If I ever get my square going I'll sell the mustang and drive it primarily.

I should have added a pic of them.

DirtyDYT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
‘79
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’m probably an odd duck on here for daily driving a 2007 Honda Accord. It’s the unicorn V6 6 speed MT 4 door. Had it for almost a decade at this point and put about 130k on the odometer. It put a lot of sports cars to shame (especially those cocky ass pre-coyote Mustang drivers) while getting a consistent 26 mpg’s no matter how crazy I was. Only notable upgrades are a stage 1 clutch, lightweight 11 lb flywheel, and cold air intake.

It’s life is a bit more liesurely now that I’ve grown up a bit but I still put it through the paces from time to time. Made it to 180k miles so far and I think I can realistically get 300k+ out of the drivetrain so I won’t be doing any too abusive.

I really do love the engine though, it is an absolute screamer and SO much fun over 4k. If I ever wreck this car I will buy it back just so I can slap the engine in the back of my sand rail and do it all over again.

dtch

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I change between my 98 Forester or my 01 GTI, depending on weather.

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I’m probably an odd duck on here for daily driving a 2007 Honda Accord. It’s the unicorn V6 6 speed MT 4 door. Had it for almost a decade at this point and put about 130k on the odometer. It put a lot of sports cars to shame (especially those cocky ass pre-coyote Mustang drivers) while getting a consistent 26 mpg’s no matter how crazy I was. Only notable upgrades are a stage 1 clutch, lightweight 11 lb flywheel, and cold air intake.

It’s life is a bit more liesurely now that I’ve grown up a bit but I still put it through the paces from time to time. Made it to 180k miles so far and I think I can realistically get 300k+ out of the drivetrain so I won’t be doing any too abusive.

I really do love the engine though, it is an absolute screamer and SO much fun over 4k. If I ever wreck this car I will buy it back just so I can slap the engine in the back of my sand rail and do it all over again.

Just the story I needed to hear. I have a supercharger that would bolt right on that little car. If you are interested... Has been sitting in my shed for years. It was on my old car.

DirtyDYT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
‘79
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just the story I needed to hear. I have a supercharger that would bolt right on that little car. If you are interested... Has been sitting in my shed for years. It was on my old car.

How much? I’ve been waiting for years to hear someone say that LOL!

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
How much? I’ve been waiting for years to hear someone say that LOL!

750 to a good home. I will throw in meth injection, greddy emanage blue with the software and a CL-S high boost pulley. All you would have to acquire would be a fuel pressure regulator and a 255lph drop in pump. It is the Comptech supercharger.

Then again I am open to offers lol.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
A 2 door Malibu, damn don't even remember the last time I saw one of those on the road. Have seen an el Camino of that vintage half sunken into the ground but that does not count for anything but scrap.

DirtyDYT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
‘79
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
750 to a good home. I will throw in meth injection, greddy emanage blue with the software and a CL-S high boost pulley. All you would have to acquire would be a fuel pressure regulator and a 255lph drop in pump. It is the Comptech supercharger.

Then again I am open to offers lol.

Well shoot, I’m gonna have to buy that. I’ll send you a PM here in a minute.

When I was running that on my old car it was fun to say the least. I really miss beating up on the cocky v8 guys. In my "ricer burner" lol

I remember driving up I75 one sunny day years ago and a guy with a new at the time (‘09ish) Camaro with the 300 hp V6 kept trying to take me for almost a hundred miles. I walked away from him every single time in a stock Honda and to this day I don’t think he understood why. It sure did make me wish I had just a little more on tap to shame the V8 guys too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8