What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What year wheel?

That steering wheel was used in a lot of cars. '71-'72 Chevelle SS, 70's Camaros, Corvettes, Vegas, etc and also into the mid 80's on some Cavaliers. I have the same steering wheel in my '79 crew cab, it came from an '87 Cavalier station wagon.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Greg, if you ever drive through Dunn NC, and it's easy to do cuz it is right along 95, You will see why it is the "Dump Truck Body Capitol Of The World".
Yeah, Godwin is just off exit 73 & Paul Jr (PJ's) truck bodies are on exit 77. PJ is Pat's SIL. They have quite the enterprise around here.

HS

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I did some cleaning & arranging in the shop today. I had a mountain of wheels & tires in the way the past couple weeks so I decided to carry my half-crippled self & install them on my next project. Recuperating from a heart attack 9 months ago & neck surgery 9 weeks ago...I didn't do too bad today. I also got the 46H JD home this morning. Now, I'm whooped!

HS
You must be registered for see images attach

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
That steering wheel was used in a lot of cars. '71-'72 Chevelle SS, 70's Camaros, Corvettes, Vegas, etc and also into the mid 80's on some Cavaliers. I have the same steering wheel in my '79 crew cab, it came from an '87 Cavalier station wagon.
That's the same wheel I have in my truck. It's off the 1978 Camaro I bought for $400 as my transportation while building my truck (the first time) in high school in 1994. The steering wheel is the one thing I kept from the Camaro before it went to the crusher. I love that it's the same wheel my hands are on today.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Little bits here and there, few hours a week all I got time for it seems…but I have this one idea I just need to make happen!

Attachments

• IMG_9350.jpeg
    IMG_9350.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4074.jpeg
    IMG_4074.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4088.jpeg
    IMG_4088.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 21

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
My mechanic called Friday and said he was having a hell of a time finding a new starter that would fit the 84. Lol I told him that's why it's in your shop because I exhausted everything I could do to get it to work. The old one I had rebuilt was not pulling the gear back enough and it was slightly hitting the flywheel when you reved it. I thought that was what was happening but I was done with it after trying to fix it.

He said he thinks a bbc Chevelle starter would fit but it's 175 bucks. Wow I said to go ahead and do what you have to at this point I just need it to work. It's your problem now that's why you have it. Lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My mechanic called Friday and said he was having a hell of a time finding a new starter that would fit the 84. Lol I told him that's why it's in your shop because I exhausted everything I could do to get it to work. The old one I had rebuilt was not pulling the gear back enough and it was slightly hitting the flywheel when you reved it. I thought that was what was happening but I was done with it after trying to fix it.

He said he thinks a bbc Chevelle starter would fit but it's 175 bucks. Wow I said to go ahead and do what you have to at this point I just need it to work. It's your problem now that's why you have it. Lol

I don't understand what the issue is. You need a starter for a car with a 153 tooth flywheel. It's not uncommon, I have about 5 of them in my garage. Looking up a truck starter will get you nowhere. This was all mentioned in your thread about the truck. I'm honestly surprised that your mechanic doesn't know that either. Far as I know, a BB Chevelle starter will not work either because they all had a 168 tooth flywheel.

Just get a starter for an '84 Caprice with a 305. It should be a straight bolt pattern and will work on your engine.

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Before

After

Installed Holley Bypass fuel pressure regulator
Replaced rocker arm cover breather with PCV valve vented to air breather
Replaced old exhaust manifold that kept blowing gaskets with new one that sealed up exhaust
Replaced manual choke with electronic
Installed phenolic gasket on carb

Engine is running at normal operating temp, better fuel mileage and more power. No more oil, gas and exhaust smell under the hood.
Happy truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Before

After

Replaced old exhaust manifold that kept blowing gaskets with new one that sealed up exhaust

Engine is running at normal operating temp, better fuel mileage and more power. No more oil, gas and exhaust smell under the hood.
Happy truck, happy owner, happy owner's family...win - win for everyone!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Before

After

Replace your fuel filter. Check this out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226_065210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_065210_Chrome.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krytza9911