What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
totally agree. The guy before me worked at an autobody shop and must have gotten them for cheap/free. Looking for stock mirrors if anyone has a set available.
I've got a set of Dumbo mirrors.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Kid got a free99 set of ORD sway bar disconnects. Slapped them on yesterday while the wheels were off. Functionally they do nothing, but interested to see how it drives w no sway bar. Was in a hurry and hauling a load later so postponed that experiment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then off to get a load of beauty bark. I think the fat ******* who loaded the truck, his wife must’ve run off and left him for someone with a nice squarebody….I’ll spare all the details but that mfer loaded it with a 966 loader because he was too fckin lazy to get into the smaller one. And proceeded to dump it over one side, other side not even half full and on the roof and filled halfway up the back window…..
Was all I could to to not go bean that ignorant mfer with a ball bat!
Mostly because not only did it fill the cab with dust thru the old slider seals but it filled up on top of and in the gas tank shields!
I’m still pretty smoked about it! Lol
I just picked up the ORD sway bar disconnect kit (and factory sway bar) from a local friend for $100. My truck didn't have a sway bar any longer when I purchased it and it felt great to me over rougher stuff. The ball joints and rag joint were shot however, so I don't know what I am missing yet for driving it down the road. LOL. I just made it home without issue and counted my blessings. Working on the ball joints now. If I could only get the steering arm off the knuckle, I would be happy. Freaking conical washers are putting a kink in my workflow.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
We just had a wild fire "coyote fire" then a tropical storm hits and had a Earthquake all in a 48hr period last time I wash the truck :rotflmao:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821-145910.png
    Screenshot_20230821-145910.png
    779.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230821-145901.png
    Screenshot_20230821-145901.png
    738.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230821-145853.png
    Screenshot_20230821-145853.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 36

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Smokey's been sitting in a field for over a year now, we go start it up regularly and a couple of weeks ago the manager of the park we live in said I could bring it over to clean/wax and do some minor maintenance. As soon as I got it here the radiator started leaking. I took it back to the field, replaced the radiator and hoses and brought it back. So far 6 mouse nests and a smelly cab. No major damage yet, wires/hoses are ok. I've removed the seat and I'm gonna vacuum and shampoo the carpet and seat, take out the glove box/ash tray and see if anything is happening under the dash then put it back together and drive it in Ramona Cruise Nite with my darlin' wife Beth and a POW and American Flag in the bed. Good times!

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
I just picked up the ORD sway bar disconnect kit (and factory sway bar) from a local friend for $100. My truck didn't have a sway bar any longer when I purchased it and it felt great to me over rougher stuff. The ball joints and rag joint were shot however, so I don't know what I am missing yet for driving it down the road. LOL. I just made it home without issue and counted my blessings. Working on the ball joints now. If I could only get the steering arm off the knuckle, I would be happy. Freaking conical washers are putting a kink in my workflow.
With an eight pound sledge and Knipex water pliers, got the conical washers off! :grd:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Smokey's been sitting in a field for over a year now, we go start it up regularly and a couple of weeks ago the manager of the park we live in said I could bring it over to clean/wax and do some minor maintenance. As soon as I got it here the radiator started leaking. I took it back to the field, replaced the radiator and hoses and brought it back. So far 6 mouse nests and a smelly cab. No major damage yet, wires/hoses are ok. I've removed the seat and I'm gonna vacuum and shampoo the carpet and seat, take out the glove box/ash tray and see if anything is happening under the dash then put it back together and drive it in Ramona Cruise Nite with my darlin' wife Beth and a POW and American Flag in the bed. Good times!
Shes a looker!

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
That truck is looking 100% bad ass!

I’d remove the cover and rock the red fireman gumballs though. No one will think you’re impersonating a cop.

And keep the wheels green!
Admittedly that color, I think, looks like **** on most vehicles unless it’s a fast Mopar or your fire truck!
Thanks brother I'll get some pictures with the lights on here soon :cool:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Did a bunch of little stuff. Got the AFR gauge hooked up and dialed in the APT adjustment. Got some richer secondary rods, but I need to adjust the hanger up to get that dialed in under full throttle. Might not mess with it too much more, since after I got the new intake on I developed a pretty solid tapping/knocking sound from the passenger bank. I was worried I had spud a rod bearing somehow, even though it shows great oil pressure.

Well, pulled the oil pan and took all the rod caps off... all the bearings look beautiful. No wear and nothing spun. Oil looked good and no material in the pan.

My only conclusion at this point is that the Comp lifters have $hit the bed after about a year and probably 5-8,000 miles. It seems to be still drivable, but I guess this is my wakeup that I need to fix the Honda sooner rather than later so I have something to drive while I get the interior/seats and new motor/trans swapped into the squarebody.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That’s a good deal too.
I’m looking forward to see how it handles and how much it softens up the front suspension disconnected.
We were in a hurry and needed the truck for chores so just slapped it in and hit the road.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Romona Cruise nite... I can remember when their wasn't much in Ramona. I had a buddy that lived in Ramona. I was born and raised in Lakeside. Seemed like it took forever to go get him, so we could go to Family Fun Center in La Mesa

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Romona Cruise nite... I can remember when their wasn't much in Ramona. I had a buddy that lived in Ramona. I was born and raised in Lakeside. Seemed like it took forever to go get him, so we could go to Family Fun Center in La Mesa
I was born n raised east county San Diego :cool:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
That’s a good deal too.
I’m looking forward to see how it handles and how much it softens up the front suspension disconnected.
We were in a hurry and needed the truck for chores so just slapped it in and hit the road.
I had mine connected forever when I had the lower leaf removed form the Tuff Country EZ-ride spring pack. I added the leaf back in and it raised the front by about 1-1 1/2" and I disconnected the sway bar. Ride feels almost identical or maybe even a bit softer. I plan to only connect the sway bar when towing or with a heavy load in the bed from now on. My truck weights 5400lbs with full fuel and me in it, so with a 8600GVW, I'm technically allowed(and have likely had) about 3k lbs in the bed. I've had 2 full yards of wet pea gravel in it before, so that's probably pretty close.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had mine connected forever when I had the lower leaf removed form the Tuff Country EZ-ride spring pack. I added the leaf back in and it raised the front by about 1-1 1/2" and I disconnected the sway bar. Ride feels almost identical or maybe even a bit softer. I plan to only connect the sway bar when towing or with a heavy load in the bed from now on. My truck weights 5400lbs with full fuel and me in it, so with a 8600GVW, I'm technically allowed(and have likely had) about 3k lbs in the bed. I've had 2 full yards of wet pea gravel in it before, so that's probably pretty close.
Yeah I suspect it’ll handle ok.
I got a little more work to do. Found whoever installed the lift, the sway bar mounts were all loose and half the nuts don’t have washers.
Once we got it lined up as good as possible and the pins in, I cranked down all the mounting bolts.
One of the disconnect pins spins pretty freely, the other is tight. So I don’t want to pull it until I have time if I gotta loosen and re-adjust everything.
Softer ride is the goal. And now that I put the zero rates in it, you could actually wheel it without the tires eating the fenders!

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
I was born n raised east county San Diego :cool:
I was born n raised in north county San Diego. Definitely remember when there wasn't as much in Ramona @Mr Clean . We would drive the 78 through Escondido and Ramona to get to Julian. Where I live now reminds me of Julian/Mount Laguna quite often with all of the of the Ponderosa pines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich