What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Got the 79 Big 10 going again. Pulled engines from two trucks and put the good one into the 10. First real heavy work that I've done since having the heart attack on May 1. It runs great fortunately and now it's ready for a new owner.

HS
You must be registered for see images attach
I like that squarebody memorial banner back there on the wall!

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Thanks. That's a replica of what was on dad's casket. He loved his truck almost as good as he loved us. I paid for a duplicate so I could hang on the wall. That's his 79 C20 Crew that he bought new.

HS

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the 79 Big 10 going again. Pulled engines from two trucks and put the good one into the 10. First real heavy work that I've done since having the heart attack on May 1. It runs great fortunately and now it's ready for a new owner.

HS
Oh my, you have a VICA banner. I was in VICA 80 & 81. Wow haven't seen or heard that in years!! I was a machinist in Machine Trades class. Thanks for the memories.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
It's Skills USA now. NoWhen I took the instructor position at the school (I had 4 years spent in that shop in HS) I happened upon that old banner. I cleared it with the principal & brought it home. Great nostalgia.

HS

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Oh my, you have a VICA banner. I was in VICA 80 & 81. Wow haven't seen or heard that in years!! I was a machinist in Machine Trades class. Thanks for the memories.
When i was in vo-tech i went to a (at the time) skills usa vica competition for photography. I have a 3rd place metal.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
@CalSgt thought about your mounting issues with the vintage air I cheated, had some 1/4 20 one inch bolts, spun them through the mounting plate and made them studs! Thanks for the heads up for the headache!!

Attachments

• 20230817_145205.jpg
    20230817_145205.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 37

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Installed the new speedo cable and cleaned up the truck a bit since the tire shop put the dirty rims on the outside getting ready to take her on another trip to the mountains :cool:
That truck is looking 100% bad ass!

I’d remove the cover and rock the red fireman gumballs though. No one will think you’re impersonating a cop.

And keep the wheels green!
Admittedly that color, I think, looks like **** on most vehicles unless it’s a fast Mopar or your fire truck!

Last edited:

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Over the last couple of days, new meat (posted that pic), installed the ORD steering brace kit, replaced all the rubber brake lines, front pads and calipers. Wasn't going to replace the calipers but one of the bleeder screws was rounded and rusted so I decided to go ahead and do that anyway. Went to bleed everything and one of the rear bleeder screws is clogged. Had fluid seep out the thread when bled but I either need to remove and see if I can unclog it or replace them. I did get it bled enough to take a quick trip around the back yard but that is about as far as I wanted to trust it. Out of time now. Out to dinner with family. Son in from out of town. May get a little time tomorrow before going to work tomorrow night.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Had fluid seep out the thread when bled but I either need to remove and see if I can unclog it or replace them.
remove reservoir cap and remove it and screw in another? Once you remove the old, don't push the pedal until you have the new one in and tight. Might leak a little but you can top that off when it's back together.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Over the last couple of days, new meat (posted that pic), installed the ORD steering brace kit, replaced all the rubber brake lines, front pads and calipers. Wasn't going to replace the calipers but one of the bleeder screws was rounded and rusted so I decided to go ahead and do that anyway. Went to bleed everything and one of the rear bleeder screws is clogged. Had fluid seep out the thread when bled but I either need to remove and see if I can unclog it or replace them. I did get it bled enough to take a quick trip around the back yard but that is about as far as I wanted to trust it. Out of time now. Out to dinner with family. Son in from out of town. May get a little time tomorrow before going to work tomorrow night.
Usually they will clean out with a drill bit, compressed air and carb cleaner. I like to do it by hand. That being said, I've never had a problem if they only push fluid out around the threads, just don't completely unthread it.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Found some spares in the garage. Old cylinders from a Camaro I think. Perks of never throwing anything away. lol. I should be able to make something work and just bleed again. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dob555