What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
What does the plaque on the bandsaw say?
Funny you mentioned that. It's a wind chime sorta that I'm making. I was just looking at it today thinking about how I'm gonna get the 9mm shells to hang from it. Then I thought tomorrow during fireworks popping I'll get them and nobody will ever know I was shooting my 9mm into the dirt. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The new quadrajet and Hookers showed up. The list of parts includes bearings, seals, drums, rotors, front end parts, shifter seal, pan gasket, trans filter, blah, blah, blah.

I will see the truck in person for the first time Thursday afternoon. It goes to the exhaust shop on Friday for the 3"/oval tips.

Again, factory 454, Auto, 4:11, 2wd.
You'll be happy with the new quadrajet on that 454. I got one on mine with intake and lt hedders. I love it. Throttle response is great and love the sound when you open the large back barrels. Lol

Also have a rv cam in it too. So you can feel free to add an intake and cam on there and that quadrajet will be able to handle it for you. GM made them for a reason and a good working one is the best carb for these trucks imo.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Funny you mentioned that. It's a wind chime sorta that I'm making. I was just looking at it today thinking about how I'm gonna get the 9mm shells to hang from it. Then I thought tomorrow during fireworks popping I'll get them and nobody will ever know I was shooting my 9mm into the dirt. Lol

Good idea lol. You can drill tiny holes in them and string them with small wire strands.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Cleaned up the side post on positive battery cable. Stripped back new wire greased it up and put back on.

I hate side posts. When this battery goes out I'm buying a top post battery and new cables. The screws aren't long enough and can strip easy. Does anyone know where I could get some lower ones? Where more threads screw into the battery.
there are longer ones available, I used some on my OBS trucks. I think I got them at O'Reilly's, and they are this brand(one of their house brands?) and they cost about $4-$5.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's a Firethorne Red original car. This is what it looked like when I bought it.
My ‘76 Nova was Firethorne Red! I loved that color. In Discount Tire, on the close out rack they had a set of Keystone Klassics with gold inlays instead of black. Really made that car pop. I was in high school at the time and didn’t have the money for them, so my mom loaned me the cash until I paid her back. They were cheap, even my 1991 standards. Now they’re in the hundreds a piece.

Thanks for posting that, took me on a trip down memory lane.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Good idea lol. You can drill tiny holes in them and string them with small wire strands.

Most of the ones I've seen have the primers knocked out and a string run through there. Although, having the bases at the bottom may be effective too.

Frankly, 9mm is going to be a pretty quiet wind chime.

etc86

Reaction score
First Name
eden
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
was a 292 now 4l isuzu diesel
Converted to power steering. I live in Australia so the big girl is factory RHD. That and the 4bd1t conversion meant it was all custom fab work. Well worth the effort though, I no longer sweat while parking.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Converted to power steering. I live in Australia so the big girl is factory RHD. That and the 4bd1t conversion meant it was all custom fab work. Well worth the effort though, I no longer sweat while parking.
Sounds interesting, a factory RHD square body! Got pictures?

etc86

Reaction score
First Name
eden
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I’ve been meaning to take some more but here it is at the moment. Got some different mirrors to put on as well. Inside is basically the same as a LHD but mirrored

Attachments

• 72EFCCD9-AD02-4120-902D-5B8EC247891F.jpeg
    72EFCCD9-AD02-4120-902D-5B8EC247891F.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 50

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks, would love to see that interior! I've seen a few of the Holden Suburban that y'all got, and a couple guys on the GMT400 forum have converted to RHD trucks that were ambulances originally. Maybe I'm weird but I like the unusual and different looking variations of the '70s-90s GM trucks.

Cyrillious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cyril
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Im in CA the Ethanol content is high I had to replace the accelerator pump (viton) to handle it I use a bit of stabil hard to get ethanol free gas here it really gunk's everything up
I'm surprised you don't have ethanol free fuel at various gas stations due to the amount of classic cars CA has! Go to this website posted below. Here people list what stations has ethanol free fuel.

etc86

Reaction score
First Name
eden
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Thanks, would love to see that interior! I've seen a few of the Holden Suburban that y'all got, and a couple guys on the GMT400 forum have converted to RHD trucks that were ambulances originally. Maybe I'm weird but I like the unusual and different looking variations of the '70s-90s GM trucks.
I’ll take some photos for you. Yeah, my neighbour had one of the Suburbans. I didn’t even know they did them until I saw his. Na, definitely not weird, they had such a great style. And thankfully you guys have such a great aftermarket and reproduction selection that it makes owning one relatively simple if anything needs replacing.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Dropped mine off at Level 7 Motorsports yesterday on our way from TX to OH. I’d already ordered everything for the stick conversion from them but their pedal setups weren’t ready yet. Now they’ve got the first one done so Jesse offered to do the install for me if I’d let him use my truck for installation pictures for his instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue