What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
Dropped the rear of the Thurrty another inch by moving the leaf up to the higher setting on the adjustable hangers. I'll get a picture once it settles to ride height.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got him h9me and poured some gas in the carb and he fired off! Woo-hoo that was easy then to it around the block and it rode good.

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I had to do another crawfish boil today. This one was on the bank of the Amite River. Had a couple offers to buy it...Mrs. Redfish politely told them "No".

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I did my scheduled fluid checks on everything that runs regularly today.
I checked and filled (if nessicary) oil, coolant, ATF, power steering, and brake fluid, in my 86, the suburban, the yukon, the caprice, the jeep, the tractor, and the deuce. And checked temp rating on the coolant. Everything passed for the temps were reaching right now.
Also lubed every hindge, latch, handle, tailgate and trunk or all of those mentioned.
And checked tire pressure in everything. Everything has 40psi except my car which is 30.

Eveeything did quite well, only needed what is expected, except the burb was dry on ATF (as usual), and the yukon was surprisingly low on oil. Almost needed a longer dipstick, haha.
Might have something to do with i accidently left it idling in the backyard at my boss's house for about 6 hours while i was out doing errands in his truck.
Oops,oh well, didnt see to hurt it.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Drove it to the country club yesterday to play some golf. It still sputtered at lower rpms and higher load. Took some backroads home and did several WOT launches. It still needs more clearing out but it got up to speed with no problems and transmission shifted great.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Walked out to it last Thursday and found out I have more work to do :banghead: Heater core popped

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
can't install ORD xmember without 2" lift. Instead of blocking the rear I'd like to upgrade.

2012 2500HD rear springs for $100 on FB. If they are 56" and will fit, what do ya'll think.....make the rear too stiff on my K10 (no serious towing)?

Put stainless bolts in front bumper with anti-seize today. Gonna take some cheap white paint and hit all front rivets with it. Drive it for a few days and look for cracks in the paint to tell me if the rivets are loose. Haven't decided on grade 8 or 9 bolts yet.....9 are expensive lol.
newer chevy leafs are far longer than 56". The 91-up truck springs are 63". GMT-400 suburban/yukon springs are 61" and are the same length from the rear mount to the pin as the 56" springs on our trucks. You can use them and not move the axle by moving the forward rear spring mounts forward by 4". That's what I have on my truck. They are from a 97 K2500 Suburban.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Walked out to it last Thursday and found out I have more work to do :banghead: Heater core popped

Yeah, that's no good and always a sucky job on all fronts :(

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah, that's no good and always a sucky job on all fronts :(
I think I'm gonna tackle it from the engine bay side. I've never done a square heater core but my buddy says I should be able to drop my slosh tub and take the AC box off the firewall rather than dropping the box under the dash. I've got 3 more events to do before the truck goes down for some major repairs/surgery so I'm just going to loop the lines at the water pump for now

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Replaced the wiper motors in both the dually and the burb. BOTH lost their ability to do the intermittent thing at almost the same time last fall :happy175: Luckily that job is pretty simple and they use the exact same part :)

Almost done installing a sub in the burb. Just been doing it in 30 minutes spurts here and there the last couple of weeks. Should have it finished up tonight, I think.

Also have a pile of parts for the front of the dually. Upper and lower controls arms, springs, spring rubbers and mounting hardware. When I first got the truck I rebuilt the front end entirely other than the control arm bushings. Well, now those bushings are really noisy and the lower ball joints are junk again :rolleyes: But the other parts are still good (inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm, sway bar bushings,....) so I decided to just bite the bullet and replace upper and lower arms and do the springs, too, just for good measure. Just gotta make time to do the job and then get the alignment immediately after.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I think I'm gonna tackle it from the engine bay side. I've never done a square heater core but my buddy says I should be able to drop my slosh tub and take the AC box off the firewall rather than dropping the box under the dash. I've got 3 more events to do before the truck goes down for some major repairs/surgery so I'm just going to loop the lines at the water pump for now
Seems reasonable. ***knock on wood*** I've not had to do a heater core in any of my squares yet other than my '77 while it was already torn down anyway so that was almost cheating LOL So I can't give you any advice on the best route to take other than have your teenager do it for you! :roflbow: Do you have a spare teenager hanging around, by chance?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Replaced the wiper motors in both the dually and the burb. BOTH lost their ability to do the intermittent thing at almost the same time last fall :happy175: Luckily that job is pretty simple and they use the exact same part :)

Almost done installing a sub in the burb. Just been doing it in 30 minutes spurts here and there the last couple of weeks. Should have it finished up tonight, I think.

Also have a pile of parts for the front of the dually. Upper and lower controls arms, springs, spring rubbers and mounting hardware. When I first got the truck I rebuilt the front end entirely other than the control arm bushings. Well, now those bushings are really noisy and the lower ball joints are junk again :rolleyes: But the other parts are still good (inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm, sway bar bushings,....) so I decided to just bite the bullet and replace upper and lower arms and do the springs, too, just for good measure. Just gotta make time to do the job and then get the alignment immediately after.
The wiper motor fixed your intermittent huh? :hmm: Mine died a couple years ago and I always assumed it was the intermittent module under the dash

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Seems reasonable. ***knock on wood*** I've not had to do a heater core in any of my squares yet other than my '77 while it was already torn down anyway so that was almost cheating LOL So I can't give you any advice on the best route to take other than have your teenager do it for you! :roflbow: Do you have a spare teenager hanging around, by chance?
Closest thing I've got is my GF who's 6 years my junior :lol:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus