What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
If anyone runs into a situation where you need a 3 way multiple pin connection,I wholeheartedly recommend this product.Was kinda unsure how to proceed on my taillight supply,taillight harness,to trailer plug,then I found this…..

The only thing was no directions was included,so multimeter was utilized.No directions,but well made.

4.3 out of 5 stars37Reviews

YoungPower 3 Way Junction Box IP68 2Pin/3Pin/4Pin Waterproof Electrical Junction Box for Ø 4.5mm-10mm Cable Range (AC 500V, 25A) 2 Pack (2Pin) (4pin, 2pack)​

Attachments

• 2744A653-6D5A-47D3-A32F-9AB2898CA804.jpeg
    2744A653-6D5A-47D3-A32F-9AB2898CA804.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 9ADD7906-9D76-4739-9925-E03076CC320C.jpeg
    9ADD7906-9D76-4739-9925-E03076CC320C.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 42

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Also,if you guys are suffering from not so bright lights,the painless heavyduty headlight harness is the ticket.Power supply to headlights comes directly off the battery,not the light switch.Now the switch just activates relays.(I’m sure 38 year wiring wasn’t helpful either)

Low Beams

Attachments

• 917BB0A7-8961-47C6-B771-513FE6852CBC.jpeg
    917BB0A7-8961-47C6-B771-513FE6852CBC.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 33
  • AF872D20-A7F3-4DBC-BB3D-23E9AF167F3E.jpeg
    AF872D20-A7F3-4DBC-BB3D-23E9AF167F3E.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
  • E9132ABF-36E1-418A-922C-80121D6E31B0.jpeg
    E9132ABF-36E1-418A-922C-80121D6E31B0.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 35

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Also,if you guys are suffering from not so bright lights,the painless heavyduty headlight harness is the ticket.Power supply to headlights comes directly off the battery,not the light switch.Now the switch just activates relays.(I’m sure 38 year wiring wasn’t helpful either)

Low Beams
Is it a plug and play or do i have to wire it in? Im NOT good with electricity!

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Picked my truck up today and tried to beat the weather out of town.....guess what I did NOT do. However, I had a plan to deal with not having any hvac hooked up. Pulled a page from the Vice Grip Garage playbook and grabbed my buddy heater and a blowtorch, rags and some rain-x sprays in all flavors. Away we went.

Let me tell ya fellas, that ole boy has some stones. I picked my truck up from a SHOP and knew it was G2G, but still had to shut down halfway home for safety. He's jumping in a complete unsub with minimal shakedown and lighting out. Me not being able to see, combined with high wind and a roadbed thats seeing its first rain in months - making it slicker than snot and I called it. I'm now holed up in a cheap motel with some tacos and a Reeses sticks contemplating my life choices.

On the plus side, most of my new cluster works. :33: I have to get some of the bulbs to kick on but I have temp, fuel, oil pressure and charging for the first time since I've owned it. Speedo is bouncy but functional. Will hook the tach up over winter. It's going to be a long row to hoe this winter...

Humm I struggling to think of any cheap motels on Stevens pass other than the dutch cup in Sultan. Back in the day when it was owned by the original family it was pretty decent place, and had an onsite restaurant which was closed and torn down a few years back now.

I hope you are home now. Back about 25 years ago I had an absolute end of life vehicle that was rarely used and I heated it with a propane heater. The worst part of that is all the vapor created from the combustion of the propane, causing condensation.

Glad to hear @SirRobyn0 got ‘er runnin like a top for you.
Ifn I was you I’d get over Stevens sooner than later before you end up driving around due to mudslides or snow. Since she don’t look like a mudder or a Snomobile!
On the bouncy fuel gauge I read it’s a resistor or lack of that causes that. Both my gauges read perfectly except they also move constantly with the gas sloshing in the tank.
I believe it’s a thread in here. And the part is available.
On my list but even with the 86 being basically “done” there’s still a lot of items ahead of that.
He was talking about his speedo being bouncy not his fuel gauges.

To fix that bouncy speedometer see the cable service thread here: https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/speedometer-cable-service-how-to.37207/

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Glad to hear @SirRobyn0 got ‘er runnin like a top for you.
Ifn I was you I’d get over Stevens sooner than later before you end up driving around due to mudslides or snow. Since she don’t look like a mudder or a Snomobile!
On the bouncy fuel gauge I read it’s a resistor or lack of that causes that. Both my gauges read perfectly except they also move constantly with the gas sloshing in the tank.
I believe it’s a thread in here. And the part is available.
On my list but even with the 86 being basically “done” there’s still a lot of items ahead of that.

Humm I struggling to think of any cheap motels on Stevens pass other than the dutch cup in Sultan. Back in the day when it was owned by the original family it was pretty decent place, and had an onsite restaurant which was closed and torn down a few years back now.

I hope you are home now. Back about 25 years ago I had an absolute end of life vehicle that was rarely used and I heated it with a propane heater. The worst part of that is all the vapor created from the combustion of the propane, causing condensation.

He was talking about his speedo being bouncy not his fuel gauges.

To fix that bouncy speedometer see the cable service thread here: https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/speedometer-cable-service-how-to.37207/
She's does run good indeed! Thanks @SirRobyn0! Still only pulling 8mpg or so but it's purrs while doing it and it's now a one slap start. Stayed in North Bend at a dive called the Sunset Motel. OG plastic motel keychain and room like a prison cell with a comforter lol.

Once past Snoqualmie it was a gorgeous drive yesterday morning. Clear, cold and sunny. Right as I got home she died after a corner with just between 1/8 & 1/4 tank at 128 miles. So fuel is reading pretty close I hope, but will find out when I refill the tank. Next is body shop the 25th to get the roof fixed, then back to my house for POR on the floor and sound deadening before it's too cold. My goals for winter are rebuild the heater box, reinstall hvac controls, carpet if I'm real lucky. I might even send out the wing windows for refurbishment if funds allow, but that's a big if.

Thanks for the speedo thread! I think it might be off by 10mph too but could be the oversized tires that are on it.

Reactions: CRM

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
8mpg out of a stock 305 with OD? Sure it’s a climb up to the Snoq and again to Blewett so maybe that accounts for it, but dayum….
PS if you happen to have 1 piece wing window seals and do it yourself I have a set of new 1 piece for 80s trucks you can have.
Heck if you pick them up I’ll give you enough good black paint to paint them too!
No funds needed then.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Is it a plug and play or do i have to wire it in? Im NOT good with electricity!
It’s pretty simple. All plug n play except you need to make a good fused connection to the battery somehow.
Haven’t installed mine yet. Bought it thinking easier to do with truck torn apart but it’s not. It’s really simple and a little thought into routing the wires.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did a few odds n ends yesterday including test fitting the new dash pad. It might actually fit well? Ran out of time since it was headed to Homecoming in the afternoon.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
She's does run good indeed! Thanks @SirRobyn0! Still only pulling 8mpg or so but it's purrs while doing it and it's now a one slap start. Stayed in North Bend at a dive called the Sunset Motel. OG plastic motel keychain and room like a prison cell with a comforter lol.

Once past Snoqualmie it was a gorgeous drive yesterday morning. Clear, cold and sunny. Right as I got home she died after a corner with just between 1/8 & 1/4 tank at 128 miles. So fuel is reading pretty close I hope, but will find out when I refill the tank. Next is body shop the 25th to get the roof fixed, then back to my house for POR on the floor and sound deadening before it's too cold. My goals for winter are rebuild the heater box, reinstall hvac controls, carpet if I'm real lucky. I might even send out the wing windows for refurbishment if funds allow, but that's a big if.

Thanks for the speedo thread! I think it might be off by 10mph too but could be the oversized tires that are on it.

8mpg out of a stock 305 with OD? Sure it’s a climb up to the Snoq and again to Blewett so maybe that accounts for it, but dayum….
PS if you happen to have 1 piece wing window seals and do it yourself I have a set of new 1 piece for 80s trucks you can have.
Heck if you pick them up I’ll give you enough good black paint to paint them too!
No funds needed then.
You converter clutch in your tranny is not working and that doesn't help highway mileage.

To be 100% honest I have only checked my mileage one time going over I-90 and that was from Thorp back, with the trailer and my tractor on the trailer, and it was about 8MPG. Of course keep in mind no matter how much weight a guy is or isn't hauling WOT is WOT and will only flow so much fuel. Basically a roundabout way of saying if you spent a lot of time in the secondaries on the pass and hills, mileage will come down really quick.

It might be worthwhile for you to check mileage a few more times while not on the pass. Some food for thought. My best mileage ever was 16.7 MPG, running unloaded at 60MPH, on open highway. Your TCC does not work, but your truck being a 1/2 ton is a little lighter. I'd think you should be be able to hit 14ish on the highway, even without a working converter clutch.

Dave, I'm sorry I thought you went Stevens, Ya the Sunset motel is real gem..... Not.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Today I sold my 77 C10 to a young man who lives 5 blocks away. He's been looking for a square body for awhile. Ive been wanting to sell it so I had more money for my 85. I must admit though as he and his Dad towed it away that I was feeling pretty sad. I owned it for nearly 20 years, and it's where I learned to work on my own automobiles. I hope I can love my 85 someday like I loved it.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Today I sold my 77 C10 to a young man who lives 5 blocks away. He's been looking for a square body for awhile. Ive been wanting to sell it so I had more money for my 85. I must admit though as he and his Dad towed it away that I was feeling pretty sad. I owned it for nearly 20 years, and it's where I learned to work on my own automobiles. I hope I can love my 85 someday like I loved it.
I hope he becomes a member here and documents it. I kinda wish i coulda bought it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood