What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I resolved a starting issue with my K10 shortbox. Been struggling with this for a few years.. always changing batteries, but my batt stash are all old and even though they take a charge ok, seems the cranking power is the first thing to go with age.
Starting was like errr...errr..click click bang. And sometimes, the very odd time it was rrrr vroom! wtf!?

Of course I checked my cables, and the power cable to the starter is larger than stock and well routed. Oh was it? I lifted it up off the frame rail and yeah guess what happened. RRrr vroom! Again and again. So that cable was grounding out on the frame all this time. I can't see anything like arc burns, but I will still remove it and replace with another that is in good shape. Just an interesting lesson I'll hopefully never forget.

I only use this truck at home, skidding firewood out of the woods. Nothing beats a short box in the woods. They turn so much sharper, and with a little lift you can see so much better. Just have to be gentle using a light duty truck to skid logs. I have wrecked a few pretending to be a logger (actually I am/was a logger).

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Did you loose the parking brake with that setup?
Yes sir..I have planned to put the new calipers up front and swap the old ones out for Caddy calipers to get the parking brake back. I need to rebuild the fronts anyway and thought it would be best to have a parking brake with 37's lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Had some headaches after work today. Tried doin a brake hose, simple... YEA RIGHT!!! So whoever engineeed the setup is an A$$! Had one hell of a time getting to the line on the frame let alone no room to turn it, then the giant nut that holds the rubber hose in the frame is even more impossible to get too. So after all that my caliper still wont release! After some angry pedal pushes all is well. So i put a hose in the fluid and self bled a bit, still spongy but not locked up!! From sitting the trans went empty so after 2 qts to make it move... the FACKIN dipstick broke off in the trans! Well all said n done within a week or 2 shes off for a new engine then hopefully body work n leagalization!! Heres some pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

gogo14910

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350 SBC
Just replaced tie rods, idler arm, pittman arm and shocks. Put new upper and lower ball joints and rotors. Wheels painted and going tomorrow for tires. I’ll bring it off jackstands on new tires and straight to the alignment shop. Best part, my 4yr old came and said, “Dad, you’re doing a great job” and brought me a trophy!
It was a kids basketball trophy but I’m starting the “show truck trophy case” with it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Had some headaches after work today. Tried doin a brake hose, simple... YEA RIGHT!!! So whoever engineeed the setup is an A$$! Had one hell of a time getting to the line on the frame let alone no room to turn it, then the giant nut that holds the rubber hose in the frame is even more impossible to get too. So after all that my caliper still wont release! After some angry pedal pushes all is well. So i put a hose in the fluid and self bled a bit, still spongy but not locked up!! From sitting the trans went empty so after 2 qts to make it move... the FACKIN dipstick broke off in the trans! Well all said n done within a week or 2 shes off for a new engine then hopefully body work n leagalization!! Heres some pics.

When I did my rubber hoses I took my Burby to work and and parked it with the front end right on the edge of a loading dock. Still a major bitch trying to access those nuts but better than laying on the ground and getting a better angle of approach.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just came in for a cool down. Going to Rock n Rumble this weekend so I’m doing a quick clean for the unofficial cruise tomorrow night then the big one Saturday night. Not doing the show so a few more touches & I can close the hood. Presentable enough for a cruise?

After my break I’ll get started rubbing her body down so she’ll be looking her best for to represent the hometown rides. More pics tomorrow hopefully.

On a side note, Tina sent this to me today. It was posted on Main Street Altus’s Facebook page show some drone pics from last year’s cruise. That bright red thing in the bottom right corner is our truck parked at our church.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Just came in for a cool down. Going to Rock n Rumble this weekend so I’m doing a quick clean for the unofficial cruise tomorrow night then the big one Saturday night. Not doing the show so a few more touches & I can close the hood. Presentable enough for a cruise?

After my break I’ll get started rubbing her body down so she’ll be looking her best for to represent the hometown rides. More pics tomorrow hopefully.

On a side note, Tina sent this to me today. It was posted on Main Street Altus’s Facebook page show some drone pics from last year’s cruise. That bright red thing in the bottom right corner is our truck parked at our church.
Doesnt look even close to presentable joe! Better pull ot and put it in my truck! Lmfa0!!

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
It would look more like a show truck if Maddog were in it....just saying.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It would look more like a show truck if Maddog were in it....just saying.
Say no more...
Sizing things up.

WTH is this?! Trying to figure the mess out.

Fixing to set the brake button.

Watching the rpms climbing.

Launch!!

81NM GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Took off the open air filter, replaced it with an OEM Air filter assembly I bought at the junkyard. It has made a big difference.

Attachments

• 053BCB3B-C1BF-4BE6-9520-5F0AAF409742.jpeg
    053BCB3B-C1BF-4BE6-9520-5F0AAF409742.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 00C6E3EA-2E2C-48B5-AC1B-D42831317610.jpeg
    00C6E3EA-2E2C-48B5-AC1B-D42831317610.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 51

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad