What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I've picked out tires multiple times, and checked walmart, discount blah blah....all of them. I've got a small mom/pop shop and they beat all of them and are local.....beats me how they do it, but I got 32's for the same amount as walmart was charging for 31's....before taxes.

hope your checking local prices is what I'm getting at.

Never a bad plan, but I did not.

162 per tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
LATEST JIMMY WIRING UPDATE:

Today we were able to turn it over for the first time with the key in like 10 years due to stupid homemade bypass switches, what a feeling!

The sprayers in the TBI weren't spraying though so i followed pink/black wire that does the job and it went to a plug that wasn't plugged in. So naturally i plug it in (the whole truck is stupid **** like this so far) and it's spraying, wants to start so bad. Timing was off so i adjusted it a hair and BAM! SHE LIVES!

Sounds like a strong motor, all 8 were beating and sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere (the sound that made the PO think the motor was junk)

HELL YEAH!

Pictured below, truck in the yard i saved it from. fitting memory for it's first start now

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
LATEST JIMMY WIRING UPDATE:

Today we were able to turn it over for the first time with the key in like 10 years due to stupid homemade bypass switches, what a feeling!

The sprayers in the TBI weren't spraying though so i followed pink/black wire that does the job and it went to a plug that wasn't plugged in. So naturally i plug it in (the whole truck is stupid **** like this so far) and it's spraying, wants to start so bad. Timing was off so i adjusted it a hair and BAM! SHE LIVES!

Sounds like a strong motor, all 8 were beating and sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere (the sound that made the PO think the motor was junk)

HELL YEAH!
Thats always the greatest feeling!!!!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Got my free bumper mounted up finally! Sad to say it was partially due to some spring cleaning, I wanted the bumper off the floor, but i also wanted to get the 79 lookin right again. I also got the spare tire back in place on its holder, been awhile!

Been putting it off since I didn't want to deal with the die grinding I had to do. There's no room between the frame rails for an angle grinder, so I spent about 45 minutes die grinding old welds off.

The reason for the welds, from what my grandpa told me, was that he had my uncle run a few welds on the brackets to the frame because the bumper would rattle.. so that was fun lol

I've got it loosely bolted up right now, the jack is still there so i can do some slight adjustments before snugging it up. I've gotta get to town and get some grade 8 bolts, lock washers, nuts and washers.

Then hopefully later this year I'll be able to pull the bumper off again and get it, and the brackets all painted up, along with the end of the frame rails. I did get some paint on the frame rails already, due to the clean metal.

Fits pretty good though! Really nice bumper for being free, better than the old one was that's for sure.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Cut off the rattling spare tire carrier so I can get to the rear end.
Ordered $900 worth of chassis parts to begin that entire project.
Of course it's the 90+ degree days of summer now.
It'll be fun "they said."

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Had to order a new clutch/brake assembly since mine was incomplete and practically lived a long and fruitful life. Didn't wanna go hydraulic, wanted to stick to what was in it, at least for now. New assembly came out of a '78 Square Body, got the fancy springs and everything. Over the weekend I've blasted her up, primed and painted it. Just needs to go on the truck and we're already that much closer to it driving the way it should.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
More work done today. After a hellish time on a 95 degree day, i installed the new brake/clutch assembly. Very tight fit and i had to use the original brake pedal. Appears a '78 is different from a '88, that is if the PO used the original or whatever he got the clutch out of. So the main reason why i changed it is the PO had it rigged up the most weakest, shakiest, sketchiest way i've ever seen. He had cut off the top left portion of the assembly (why, i couldn't tell you) that had the upper nub for the clutch pedal spring (that he did without) and had a long BENT bolt with about a thousand washers holding the pedals in. I still can't believe the craftsmanship. Happy this truck is getting done right.

Also need to get a new radiator. Filled it with coolant for the first time and it's already half empty after 24 hours. I'm happy though because the inner portion is all marred up and the outer is flippin yellow overspray. May as well.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Also, i need to replace my input shaft seals on my gear boxes for both my '80 and '88! I'm prone to power steering leaks and i don't know why!

Best/easiest way to replace them? Thanks

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Never a bad plan, but I did not.

162 per tire.

Nice tires! Idk how they wear yet. Bought a set of them last year for the old Jeep, but it’s just a Sunday driver and trail rig
They are quiet and smooth for being mudders and didn’t take much weight to balance 31-10.50s.
Best deal for name brand mudders I think.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Speaks for itself, figured it's better to hear than to hear about
Great job man ! Hard work is both hard and work but at the end of it all you step back and see where the hard work got you . And in your case you brought a square back to life , and showing it some much needed love .

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Found a donor 73 non tilt column for 40$ today. Tore it down to get that upper ignition housing for my 73’s column. Gonna put some paint on it, throw the new turn signal switch and lock cylinder in, and mount that sucker back up in the truck tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1