What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
"What have you done to your square lately?"

Took it out on a wood cutting excursion Friday. Got limited by the daylight, was basically dark by the time I loaded the second tree.
You must be registered for see images attach

wish you were closer, you can have all the bradford pears I have left....started with 8 20 yrs ago....still have 6.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Swapped the 73’s ammeter out for a voltmeter and ran a power and ground off the temp gauge to the voltmeter. As much as I’d like to keep all the factory gauges for this trucks LS swap, I’m kind of torn between picking up a Dakota digital/ squarebody syndicate cluster, or swapping a burb’s electronic speedo, or just getting an electric to mechanical adapter (cuz I’d love to keep the 100mph speedo)

The 79 got some love too, put in a new sending unit, re wired the fuel gauge, bent some new fuel lines and put the tank back in. Been slacking on dropping its new engine in however

the 87/daily driver got in on the action too. Schrader valve blew out on the high side AC line and it’s threads were pulled, so had to replace the line and recharge the system.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Shot another door, the other half of the tub and half of the drivers front fender with primer! Man I have a lot of sanding to do.

Very nize work!!!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
wish you were closer, you can have all the bradford pears I have left....started with 8 20 yrs ago....still have 6.
I'd take them, I'm no wood snob! I will burn it all even the evil pine that supposedly burns your house down if you burn it!:Big Laugh:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'd take them, I'm no wood snob! I will burn it all even the evil pine that supposedly burns your house down if you burn it!:Big Laugh:

lol just don't try to burn a Christmas tree in the fire place.....been there done that. I literally almost **** my pants :) My wife could tell what I did from the vacuum it pulled from upstairs.

"WTF" she said when she came down stairs......I said yeh "that'll never happen again"

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
lol just don't try to burn a Christmas tree in the fire place.....been there done that. I literally almost **** my pants :) My wife could tell what I did from the vacuum it pulled from upstairs.

"WTF" she said when she came down stairs......I said yeh "that'll never happen again"
Haha:Big Laugh: Yep I haven't don't that and never will. I know exactly what it will do!! I do burn them outside each year. It's a hot quick fire...never gets old either.

I think they might try to take my fire gear if word got around I burned a Christmas tree in the house:Big Laugh:! Only a volunteer, I also knew long before the fire stuff about it though.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
put some primer on the other spare door. Will put seals in and reassemble the rest tomorrow. Then on to window motor testing for amperage to see if I want to put a relay per door or a bigger one for the whole ckt.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
DAY ONE OF WIRING MASSACRE!

Ends up it is as big of a mess as we remembered. Already alot of cutting crap out and figuring out what's what. constant 12v wire on the junction block needs replaced, i think the neutral switch is weird, automatic column in a manual truck, trying to figure out whats going on there....

THE BIGGEST KICKER? the ignition wire was shorting somewhere, ends up the po PINCHED IT IN THE VALVE COVER AND RUBBED IT RAW! HOW DID HE DRIVE IT AFTER THAT OR WAS IT PARKED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SEMI-MOTOR REBUILD CUZ HE COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT WHY IT WOULDN'T START?

oh well. . . what a mess. all i know is that the freshly rebuild tank now has fresh mix of 87 and Berryman's waiting for the awakening.

God bless my dad for providing his knowledge and helping me through this tragedy.

Last edited:

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Finally feeling well enough to work on it . so I finally got the trans in from patriot and the dirty dingo trans crossmember . gotta finish buttoning everything up but should be driving it again next week. Also got new rear shocks and front swaybar to put on

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Went for an overdue tire rotation.

Fronts are cupped and the front was hopping at freeway speeds.

Yeah, well, they got rotated.

They are also worn enough at 21K to be near the end.

So, trigger was pulled, and new OWL tires are ordered.

Sigh.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/cooper-evolution-m-t/p/42726

Maybe this link will work.

https://us.coopertire.com/tires/evolution-mt

75 bux instant rebate plus a 60 dollar prepaid Mastercard for using my Discount Tire Card, and zero percent for 6 months.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Went for an overdue tire rotation.

Fronts are cupped and the front was hopping at freeway speeds.

Yeah, well, they got rotated.

They are also worn enough at 21K to be near the end.

So, trigger was pulled, and new OWL tires are ordered.

Sigh.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/cooper-evolution-m-t/p/42726

75 bux instant rebate plus a 60 dollar prepaid Mastercard for using my Discount Tire Card, and zero percent for 6 months.

I've picked out tires multiple times, and checked walmart, discount blah blah....all of them. I've got a small mom/pop shop and they beat all of them and are local.....beats me how they do it, but I got 32's for the same amount as walmart was charging for 31's....before taxes.

hope your checking local prices is what I'm getting at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes