What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Waiting on a rebuilt carb. then after I know its running well. gonna swap 350 out of donor truck into 81 stepside. straight six is classic but not much ooomph.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Btw @Paladin me and you are in the minority of holley ppl lol

Holley for me too!

Waiting on a rebuilt carb. then after I know its running well. gonna swap 350 out of donor truck into 81 stepside. straight six is classic but not much ooomph.

Hey, I looked it up lol. According to the internet, a 250 six is somewhere around 100 lbs heavier than the average small block. That's even more than I thought.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You know you sh*t!

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Holley for me too!

Hey, I looked it up lol. According to the internet, a 250 six is somewhere around 100 lbs heavier than the average small block. That's even more than I thought.

Where did you find your numbers, Andy @bucket? I found this site and it says the 250 weighs around 440 lbs compared to a small block being in the mid 500's? Looks like the old 235 inline six was a tank and weighed around 630 lbs....if this site is correct.

https://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights2.html

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Holley for me too!

the right year ford 300 and application was damn near 600 pounds, mine is probably 400-500 pounds, being a later year truck
i think its how meaty the blocks are with the cylinder arrangement, even though you usually cant go past 300 ci on many of them they are overbuilt. at least that is the reasoning i read elsewhere

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Kick down cable holder came in today so I slapped it on. Had to do a bit of fab work but not bad.

Drilled out the little plastic grommet to .187 or 3/16 for the screw to fit. Then screwed it in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Put a nut on the back side.

Then put cable on and nut on front and tightened

Finished

Took it for a test drive and was really happy with it now. Shifts too soon to second for me but, don't know how to change that. Still happy tho. Much better than before.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like the clear distributor cap

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Where did you find your numbers, Andy @bucket? I found this site and it says the 250 weighs around 440 lbs compared to a small block being in the mid 500's? Looks like the old 235 inline six was a tank and weighed around 630 lbs....if this site is correct.

https://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights2.html

I just Googled "Chevrolet engine weights" and some site turned up with a bunch of combos listed. The small block, big block and 60*v6 engine weights were all correct with what I know, so I assumed that the inline 6 listing was correct as well.

At one time I had a Nova with a big block swapped in. The car was originally a 6 cylinder and the springs were still the original. The car didn't seem to sit lower in the front than any other stock Nova and someone had told me it was because the 6 cylinder is actually heavier than a small block. But I didn't remember by how much.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I got bored so I pulled the oil pan/sump off of my trucks original blown up motor.

While I was at it, I knocked out the melted piston and found the bore to be untouched, and the rod bearing even looked almost brand new.

One piston, a ring set for it, and a rod bearing ought to fix it right up. I may or may not keep it though since I can't just have another motor laying around.

JRec

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
400ci SBC
Finished the other PTO plate cleanup. Filled her with a gallon of 80w-90 and took a trip around town with the old lady, her first ride. Not a drop from the new gaskets so that’s good

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Started it up let it warm up, moved it, and attached my trailer so it could be moved too. I recently ran it to the dump so it’s empty and I am gonna spray some bed liner in it so the tailgate and critical areas aren’t abused as much

Is this setup of square pulling a chopped up square some kind of sadistic Jeffrey Dahmer kind of thing? I am in Wisconsin

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Started it up let it warm up, moved it, and attached my trailer so it could be moved too. I recently ran it to the dump so it’s empty and I am gonna spray some bed liner in it so the tailgate and critical areas aren’t abused as much

Is this setup of square pulling a chopped up square some kind of sadistic Jeffrey Dahmer kind of thing? I am in Wisconsin

As long as the wisconsin weather doesnt "eat" the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85