What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Yup wire fell off.... over a week i been dealin with foggy icy windows with no heat! Glad it was simple. Had it not been for @Arkansas_V8 tellin me to hit it with power straight from the battery i probly wouldnta found the power wire not attatched

Glad it was simple man.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
CUCV won't start, just clicks. Trying to sort out the wiring, but it has a unique 12/24 volt system. Found a couple of spliced wires that weren't spliced very good, and tried to solder the connections, but I think it is too cold out for my soldering gun, or the soldering gun isn't big enough for the wires (10 or 12 guage).

Ran out of time today, have to get ready for work. Guess I'll hit it again tomorre.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Yup wire fell off.... over a week i been dealin with foggy icy windows with no heat! Glad it was simple. Had it not been for @Arkansas_V8 tellin me to hit it with power straight from the battery i probly wouldnta found the power wire not attatched

Put it back on, drill a small hole in the middle and put a cotter pin through it. You'll never have that problem again lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Put it back on, drill a small hole in the middle and put a cotter pin through it. You'll never have that problem again lol
Well as an update it quit again with the wire on, seems its kinda melty in the plug. I may be splicing on a new plug

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Well as an update it quit again with the wire on, seems its kinda melty in the plug. I may be splicing on a new plug
Sounds like a short in the motor. Perhaps the reason it was left unplugged?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sounds like a short in the motor. Perhaps the reason it was left unplugged?

No it wasnt left unplugged... its always worked but suddenly it fell off.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Okay, a loose connection can cause high resistance, thus overheating that connector. I would splice in a new connector and test the circuit for short to ground PRIOR to operating the motor.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Okay, a loose connection can cause high resistance, thus overheating that connector. I would splice in a new connector and test the circuit for short to ground PRIOR to operating the motor.

How would i test that?

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
How would i test that?
Though I still believe that the motor is the probable root cause, it's always wise to verify that electrical system integrity is correct so one doesn't ruin a new component that good $$$ is spent on. To check for short to ground, connect 1 lead of your dvom to ground ( battery negative works best), set meter to Ohm, disconnect other end of circuit (in this case blower motor control) and using the other meter lead, probe both terminal at the motor end of the circuit. If you measure any continuity, you have a short, if not, motor is the fault

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Tweaked the timing a bit - maybe a hint of clatter at WOT, so I may be a shade too far.

I will keep my ears open. :p

It is probably around 13 or 14 BTDC (off the scale, LOL) but my setting was in park, so probably not as extreme as it sounds.

Running regular now after the EGR, so that helped.

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I6
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Installed the old mans cb from when he was a trucker in the 80’s in the dually can’t believe how many are still on the handle and still crazy as ****. Firestick antennae sticks up almost 9 feet. Holes line up for the bracket from last time a cb was under the dash.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Start simple. Crimp down that female connector with some needle nose plyers so you get a good connection.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Tweaked the timing a bit - maybe a hint of clatter at WOT, so I may be a shade too far.

I will keep my ears open. :p

It is probably around 13 or 14 BTDC (off the scale, LOL) but my setting was in park, so probably not as extreme as it sounds.

Running regular now after the EGR, so that helped.

That's too high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78