What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The well nuts worked out great to re-mount my coil.
You must be registered for see images attach

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Installed new pinion seal on rear-end and output seal on transfer case to seal up a couple of pesky leaks, took it on a 30 mile round trip cruise yesterday afternoon and she's clean and dry now!

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
New hydroboost lines

I did the same thing to my truck a month or so back. Only problem I had was, my truck was supposed to have the o-ring seal type so that's what we ordered but when I took it apart, the line style I actually had was the older reverse flare type so I had to order different hoses. Turns out the hydroboost in my truck appears to be from an older set-up (pre '80 or '81 I believe, which is weird since it's an '82 and came with Hydroboost originally) so I have the o-ring type hoses new in bags if anyone happens to be looking!

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I always just unbolt the brackets from the frame and drop the whole deal. I also like to use the earlier brackets without the extra piece for mounting the shield. They don't rust nearly as easily.

That makes sense, but what I dont get is how you'd ever be able to remove the lines attached to the pump/sender if you just dropped the tanks by removing the brackets. The lines are super tight up there, and I can't imagine the tank dropping more than a couple of inches with them still attached. All three of them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Im having to deal with this right now. I filled up satuday and then found a leak! I unbolted the what was left of the brackets and cut the rubber hose to get the tank down. Im gonna swap senders so they point out and use longer hose. But what do you think about welding the nuts or bolts to the brackets? It was pretty tight to a wrench up there to pull them off. If I weld the nuts on the brackets will the bolts rub the tank? That sure would make it easier to go back together

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Im having to deal with this right now. I filled up satuday and then found a leak! I unbolted the what was left of the brackets and cut the rubber hose to get the tank down. Im gonna swap senders so they point out and use longer hose. But what do you think about welding the nuts or bolts to the brackets? It was pretty tight to a wrench up there to pull them off. If I weld the nuts on the brackets will the bolts rub the tank? That sure would make it easier to go back together

The tank brackets should have nuts welded to them already. The brackets have holes to work on either side of the truck, but only the needed nuts got attached to them. Maybe they were replaced already or the nuts were removed in the past because the bolts were broke off in them?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The tank brackets should have nuts welded to them already. The brackets have holes to work on either side of the truck, but only the needed nuts got attached to them. Maybe they were replaced already or the nuts were removed in the past because the bolts were broke off in them?

Yeah the ones on that truck and the extras I had in the shed they weren't welded to the bracket. That answers it then though. That would make it way easier!

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah the ones on that truck and the extras I had in the shed they weren't welded to the bracket. That answers it then though. That would make it way easier!
Yep, my factory 87 brackets had nuts already welded to them.
I was concerned about that in the beginning.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Just installed electric exhaust cutouts. I think I've lost my mind??!!! The bbc sounds wicked....

If that won't wake people up, nothing will...lol...

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
After getting the AC working once and for all in my Sub I had to do something with the rear air fan. It made this god awful noise whenever it was turned on. Like the fan was rubbing on something.

After dissecting it i found that the plastic housing that holds the fan and the rear evaporator in place was broken.
There's supposed to be an upper half and a lower half of that housing. The lower half had two of the tabs that screw into the upper half broken off. The upper half was not only in three pieces but had three of those tabs busted off.
I couldn't find replacements anywhere so I fiberglassed everything back to be two halves like it should be and put it all back together.
It took some fine tuning to get the fan to sit right but it works great now. Being that the housing is glassed its a lot stronger than it was from the factory too and shouldn't be problem anymore.

B.K. Cunningham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
25 Hundred
Engine Size
Yup just ball it up, dip it in the oil and go over the rusty areas. Doesn’t even take a lot of effort. My friend swears by olive oil, but I think it’s just cause he’s fancy like that.
I used canola oil because that’s what we had in the house but I know I’ve used other kinds in the past and had good results.

i've done this with just water works great for a number of months.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well, I got both new tanks in, senders/pumps, new straps, and a new selector valve.
And everything works!
Hallelujah!
I've never even had a frickin gas gauge that worked at all, so it's pretty cool to see the gauge work on TWO different tanks.
And when I hit the switch to change tanks and it sputtered, then ran? That was pretty sweet.
I know it's not a huge thing, but a big win on getting this truck back where I want it and back on the road. [emoji106]
You must be registered for see images

Come do mine now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80