What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostdtalon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Well finally got the 77' home. The alternator died on the trip and tossed it's belt along with the powersteering belt. Got that all replaced and decided to take her to work today. Thinking about ordering the MAD relay kit for the headlights and possibly upgrading to some H4 lights afterwards.

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Pulled the left front fender off the '81 so I could get to the door hinge bolts, sanded it bare while I was at it. Come summer and it should be ready for paint, thinking it will go from dark gray to white, lump of coal to icebox.
Bob

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Weather must be warming up. Seeing lots or little odds and ends getting done to the Squares !!! :waytogo:

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Sanded, painted and stickered my auto hubs covers today. They were so pitted, I put 15 coats on until I could not see most of the pits. Still not perfect but look 100X better and will look nice with the wheels.
You must be registered for see images

I was going to paint them Hammertone Black, but I found a metallic silver in the cabinet and I thought it would look better.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sanded, painted and stickered my auto hubs covers today. They were so pitted, I put 15 coats on until I could not see most of the pits. Still not perfect but look 100X better and will look nice with the wheels.

I was going to paint them Hammertone Black, but I found a metallic silver in the cabinet and I thought it would look better.

Yep, much better. You're one of the very very few still running auto hubs. I have them on the 3.08 front axle in the K10, which of course is coming out, but I don't think I'll be using the auto hubs. :shrug: Even though I hate getting out to lock up. Usually my big problem is forgetting to unlock when I get back in the truck and have to get out again to unlock and sometimes getting in and out of the truck is enough back pain, then bending over to unlock sucks even more. I may not have a choice soon but to go auto locking. Sure hope not.

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I don't care either way. I am not mudding or rock crawling so as long as they work, which they do, I will stick with these. I kind of like them because they are original and optional. My truck has so many options (I think roof rack is the only one it doesn't have, even have and equalizer radio) that it just feels wrong to have lockouts. However, the second these give me trouble they will be swapped.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well finally the crew cab move and was able to brake...

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh man remember how you show me your working washer and cruise leveler? Well what you think it doesn't turn off on the CC?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:waytogo: So what was wrong on the brakes? Looks like a new bumper too??? Did those stabilizer brackets get installed OK?

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
We don't know why it was, we put a brand new combination valve and a new master cylinder.
The buster has a little leak so it will get replace once I can afford a new one

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The bumper is the one that it came with. The stabilizer brackets are still at Retro's.

I'm probably going to try to switch that bumper to my 73 and the one I got for the 73 will go on the CC.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
I elected to take my Burb to a shop for valve seals and A/C
That was last week Wednesday...
It's still there!!!
Poop!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Ordered new manual window regulators last night should be here end of the week. It'll be nice to be able to roll the window down and not have to fight it all the way down and then back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76