What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yea when I went to get the new plugs the assjack behind the parts counter at Oreilly's that I used to manage said they didn't have a book for Ac Delco sparkplugs. So I went with the same plugs I had in it already and will go to a hotter plug in a month or so and probably do the non foulers too at the same time.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Installed H4 headlights and a wiring harness to supply power directly from the battery. Need to wait for night fall to aim and adjust. Oh, and a new master cylinder so I can stop. Should have been here today...

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Lubed the speedometer cable with graphite. Still bounces below 45mph, but is rock solid above. Next stop is the speedometer head, but not quite sure how to tackle that one, as I don't quite know what I should be greasing. But I'll figure it out.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Found a set of behind the seat speaker brackets, pulled em out spun them around ohh look pioneer speakers :D That was a trip to the wrecker worth while. While there i found a nice shape 89 chevy reg cab short box step side silverado for 650 bucks.. so that followed me home... The 80 gmc is getting new skins monday if they are in stock other wise just waiting till the tires show up.. :leghump:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Lets see some pics and a buld thread for that GMT400 step side dawg. :grd:

Ain't been doing much at all with Silvy except daily driving her ass off. She's running great. Got the state inspection done this week. Breezed right through emissions testing and needed 2 front tires and an idler arm for the inspection. Hit the 3,000 mile mark since I first bought her so I changed the 51690 WIX oil filter and 15W40 oil. Snugged up the diverter bolts. The ran to grab my daughter, got lunch at the drive through, made a trip through the car wash, went back home and hooked the boat up and towed it to the river. Cruise control did take a **** though. Anybody have a working spare switch laying around I could use it.

Posted From Hell

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lubed the speedometer cable with graphite. Still bounces below 45mph, but is rock solid above. Next stop is the speedometer head, but not quite sure how to tackle that one, as I don't quite know what I should be greasing. But I'll figure it out.

You could have one of the plastic teeth on the speedo gear buggered up a bit. When you do, it's usually only noticeable at slower speeds, once you're going fast enough, the teeth aren't affected near as much. Did it bounce the same way with the other trans? Used different gear right?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
You could have one of the plastic teeth on the speedo gear buggered up a bit. When you do, it's usually only noticeable at slower speeds, once you're going fast enough, the teeth aren't affected near as much. Did it bounce the same way with the other trans? Used different gear right?

It bounce a little bit with the other trans, but not as bad (but that's because the cable was melted on the exhaust...oops). I just had the builder re-use my TH350C gears since TH350 gears are getting so hard to find anymore, so that's probably what it is, since it smooths out at 45mph or so.

78stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Fixed my exhaust, had a busted midpipe. Fixed my speedo, little peice that goes into the t-case was busted (don't know the exact name, if anyone wants to help me out?) so i made my own out of a nail and it works fine. Fixed the volt gauge, installed a amp and some speakers so i can at least listen to music on my phone cause that stock radio and antenna are shot. Installed new plugs/wires. Working on a/c and heat now, have no idea where to start wiring cause it is shot going to both heat and a/c. Oh and if anyone can help me start a new thread that would be helpful, can't seem to find the button to do so lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Fixed my exhaust, had a busted midpipe. Fixed my speedo, little peice that goes into the t-case was busted (don't know the exact name, if anyone wants to help me out?) so i made my own out of a nail and it works fine. Fixed the volt gauge, installed a amp and some speakers so i can at least listen to music on my phone cause that stock radio and antenna are shot. Installed new plugs/wires. Working on a/c and heat now, have no idea where to start wiring cause it is shot going to both heat and a/c. Oh and if anyone can help me start a new thread that would be helpful, can't seem to find the button to do so lol

Get to the index and category screen. Go to the Category where you want to post a thread. While looking at the index of all the threads in that category. You be in the upper left corner of the index window, you'll see the NEW THREAD button.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Fixed my exhaust, had a busted midpipe. Fixed my speedo, little peice that goes into the t-case was busted (don't know the exact name, if anyone wants to help me out?) so i made my own out of a nail and it works fine.

Speedometer gear drive key.

Drove the heck out of mine yesterday, running here and there for parts, probably be the same today. fuggin fords.
When I was getting ready to get the 79 out of the garage, I remembered it had a radiator leaking problem, towards the top.
Quite some time back, I had bought a jug of that aluma seal that is pre mixed. The distructions says to dump in the whole container, screw that, I dumped in about 1/4 and had enough for several of Mine friends vehicles that had developed a small leak.
That jug was empty but still setting on the shelf, I poured some prestone into it to rinse it out and poured that into the radiator. it must have been enough, I checked it yesterday and the prestone level was still right on top, and the coolant recovery system even started working.
I know I will be needing a new radiator, just right now, there`s no fun tickets for that.
OH YEAH, by using small doses of that stop leak, I did not plug up any heater cores, on five vehicles.

78stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Get to the index and category screen. Go to the Category where you want to post a thread. While looking at the index of all the threads in that category. You be in the upper left corner of the index window, you'll see the NEW THREAD button.

Thank You so much, couldn't figure it out at all lol

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
2 front fenders, hood, 2 new doors, new seat, cd player installed, speakers, rockers ordered, new tailgate....and that was this week, lol

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
2 front fenders, hood, 2 new doors, new seat, cd player installed, speakers, rockers ordered, new tailgate....and that was this week, lol

That`ll keep You busy for about ten minits. :happy175:

1sic4x4

Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350ci
I Did so

Had to replace starter & solenoid in the old Gal.:hands: