What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Change of Subject:

I didn't wanna start a whole other thread for this question: I replaced my old fuel tilter with a new one because it leaked. It still leaks... any idears?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just don't like how everything has go to the ground. 95% of everything they do gets lowered. And worse they get some good cars and change everything about them, when they could be great restoration to original projects. Then he wonders why he loses his ass everytime he goes to an auction.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
I just don't like how everything has go to the ground. 95% of everything they do gets lowered. And worse they get some good cars and change everything about them, when they could be great restoration to original projects. Then he wonders why he loses his ass everytime he goes to an auction.

They need to build variety. Everything doesn't need to be pro touring.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
I do have to agree with ya there. EVERYTHING gets lowered, different engine, seats recovered and paint

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Change of Subject:

I didn't wanna start a whole other thread for this question: I replaced my old fuel tilter with a new one because it leaked. It still leaks... any idears?

O-rings ???? the ones on the fuel piping, where it shoves into the filter.
Maby, a cracked fuel pipe, where the flange is and the flare nut rests against it.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
That sounds uneasy to fix lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Finished up the Harmonic Balancer Install job and the New/USED 4 core radiator install.

This old 4 core radiator I took out, has a small seam leak at the tank. Anyone know if radiator shops are still in bidness? I'd like to keep a REAL radiator in all my trucks. So I'd like to get this one to radiator a shop, have it cleaned, rod out the cores, re weld all the tanks and make it like new again. I think most radiator shops have bellied up with it being common cars having plastic radiators now. Another thing radiator shops were good for was taking your gas tank to them and they'd boil it out and get all the **** out of the tank.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finished up the Harmonic Balancer Install job and the New/USED 4 core radiator install.

This old 4 core radiator I took out, has a small seam leak at the tank. Anyone know if radiator shops are still in bidness? I'd like to keep a REAL radiator in all my trucks. So I'd like to get this one to radiator a shop, have it cleaned, rod out the cores, re weld all the tanks and make it like new again. I think most radiator shops have bellied up with it being common cars having plastic radiators now. Another thing radiator shops were good for was taking your gas tank to them and they'd boil it out and get all the **** out of the tank.

Brass wire brush, a jug of solder flux, a roll of solid core solder and Your acy/oxy torch and Your good to go.
place a wet rag, outside of where You want to sloder, to act as a heat dam and keep another soaked rag in the bucket in case things begin to get too warm. Heat the area, needing repair, with just enough heat to make the solder flow good.
I`ve done it so, I know You candoit too. I have soldered hose connectors back in and soldered seams. It`s kind of scarey at first but, You`ll get over that.
Main thing is to not allow the tank to get so warm that the tubes begin to let go, I`ve had to resolder several of those, that was about the first time I ever tried a radiator repair.
Sometimes, if it is not cold outside, I will take the tools, radiator and torch outside and let the garden hose run water over the areas I dont want unsoldered. :boxed::rotflmao:

travisr1988

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado
Engine Size
I replaced the upper radiator hose, thermostat (195*), and thermostat housing because the housing was leaking, the hose was swollen and I suspected the thermostat was the reason my temp never gets above 160* unless I'm out of coolant. Well, it still leaks, and the new 195* tstat didn't change anything...so now I need an intake as it is likely the reason the tstat leaks. Any ideas on temp issue?

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
Its not on my square body but I got a good deal on a swap brake parts for a SM465 and all the linkage pedals and everything to switch my auto to a manual if the auto goes out

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Getting the wiring figured out, going from a solenoid tank switching valve to a motor driven.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Picked up some more fittings for my transmission cooler install, and working on building a tubing straightener. Would you believe they want $200 for a bloody tubing straightener? All it is, is 5 pulleys with bearing centers, and 2 of them adjust up and down. TWO HUNDRED FOR THAT?!

You must be registered for see images

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I washed mine and took her for a short spin

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Picked up some more fittings for my transmission cooler install, and working on building a tubing straightener. Would you believe they want $200 for a bloody tubing straightener? All it is, is 5 pulleys with bearing centers, and 2 of them adjust up and down. TWO HUNDRED FOR THAT?!

You must be registered for see images

You'd think for that much they could at least wipe the blood off of it. :shrug:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising