What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
You must be registered for see images

ALL FINISHED

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
^^ Thanks! Dang, that's looks pretty good. Is that just a flat black or satin?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a mutha fuggin thing except fight with this damn Harmonic Balancer. The bitch is tighter than a 12yo, maybe even a 9yo.

It's so tight, I can't even get it started on the keyway. I have got it pressed on up to the keyway, but now it won't turn on the crank to line it up. So it looks like I now need to get the puller and back it off, then put the fuggin installer back on. :flipthebird:

All I can say, I know this **** will be worth it when I'm done. Hopefully once I get it on, it will come off and go on a little easier when I do the cam swap this fall.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Not a mutha fuggin thing except fight with this damn Harmonic Balancer. The bitch is tighter than a 12yo, maybe even a 9yo.

It's so tight, I can't even get it started on the keyway. I have got it pressed on up to the keyway, but now it won't turn on the crank to line it up. So it looks like I now need to get the puller and back it off, then put the fuggin installer back on. :flipthebird:

All I can say, I know this **** will be worth it when I'm done. Hopefully once I get it on, it will come off and go on a little easier when I do the cam swap this fall.

:console:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Ain't no thang. I ain't given' up on the mutha fugger !!! This truck is going to be running and running good before long. Hopefully by tonight. If not by the weekend for sure.

I did get lucky, I was able to get a 2x4 and kick off the engine crossmember and push it off just enough to be able to turn it and line up the keyway. I've got it 2/3 the way on now. :waytogo: The hard part is done now. Just the tough part of wrench in the installer is up now. I'm taking a break to cool off a bit, then I'll be out there to push the balancer the rest of the way home. I hope. The last 1/3 is the harder part, but at least it's lined up and well on it's way.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good job

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Here's the ECM mount I made up. I kind of goobered the last weld on the bolt inside the cowl, was having some wirefeed issues (had a loop in my cable I didn't notice). The two welds on the side are nice and solid though. I sealed the bolt after I welded it so it won't leak. The pictures are kind of deceiving, it looks like the ECM is loose in the mounts. In truth, I bent the steel up so it wouldn't quite line up, so when you tighten the nut, it clamps the ECM in place between the two pieces.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks pretty damn good for a Texas redneck job !!! :waytogo:

:happy175: :rofl: Jus Kiddin', Jus Kiddin' . Turned out pretty good.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Looks pretty damn good for a Texas redneck job !!! :waytogo:

:happy175: :rofl: Jus Kiddin', Jus Kiddin' . Turned out pretty good.

Yeah, it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done. About 15 minutes with the vice to bend the steel up, and a few more to drill the holes. Spent most of my time getting the stupid cowl off the truck without mangling it. :D

Rest assured, if I fab anything for my 87', it will be nicer. :jester:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done. About 15 minutes with the vice to bend the steel up, and a few more to drill the holes. Spent most of my time getting the stupid cowl off the truck without mangling it. :D

Rest assured, if I fab anything for my 87', it will be nicer. :jester:

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Looks pretty damn good for a retrofit job. You could'a done it the Kentucky Redneck way and duct taped it up, or even Pennsylvania Redneck'ed it and used self tappers right thru the ECM to the body. :shrug:

:laughing1:

Jus Playin 89s :hidesbehindsofa:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I`m awaiting for two new fuel sender, pickup tube mesh filter socks. getting those from Summit, I`ll have to figure out how to keep them attached to the tubes after I get them.
So, during the mean time, I will be stripping this 59 Dodge thats been setting on My trailer for a couple or three years now, get it hauled off to the scrappers, get a few dollars into My wallet, or the wifeys. :banghead:
Got the stainless steel trim and the badges all removed, wire harnesses, guage cluster and a few other components and I`ll have this beast off a My trailer.

.............................:lol:...................................................................

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's a shame to scrap that one. Is it to rusty to be worthy of restoration? You can't get $500-$600 our of it?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That's a shame to scrap that one. Is it to rusty to be worthy of restoration? You can't get $500-$600 our of it?

^^^^this

Posted From Hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joseph916