What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i think the whole thing will really look good when the truck is dark grey/charcoal metallic with all the trim painted black to match the grill and a red pinstripe.

Yep, it'll all look good together in those colors.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Now that's the one you bought last year wasn't it? The 2wd? Damn, that's burning alot of oil. Should be some blue smoke if it's that bad.

No, it's the lifted black 4x4 Burb that I bought in early '06. It has burned oil for quite some time now, but the exhaust ends under the truck now so the smoke isn't as noticeable I guess. It has 190K hard miles on it.

The 2wd Burb was the one I bought a little over 2 years ago I think. I recently traded it to Towjoe. I also recently picked up the rusty '90 4x4 Burb.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, it's the lifted black 4x4 Burb that I bought in early '06. It has burned oil for quite some time now, but the exhaust ends under the truck now so the smoke isn't as noticeable I guess. It has 190K hard miles on it.

The 2wd Burb was the one I bought a little over 2 years ago I think. I recently traded it to Towjoe. I also recently picked up the rusty '90 4x4 Burb.

Awww OK. So the black Burb that's on the header here. You change to many.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Awww OK. So the black Burb that's on the header here. You change to many.

Yeah, that one. And of the 9 squares I've had, I've only sold 3 of them :D

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I get to play with a square this weekend. Frank's 1973 seems to have burned up another ICM.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I get to play with a square this weekend. Frank's 1973 seems to have burned up another ICM.

I think I did too in the 84 C20. It hasn't ran in over a month. Of course I posted about it, and noone responded. Sure glad I wasn't a newb. But, my back hasn't felt good enough to lean over the fuggin fender like that and replace it. But I think it has to be that.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I need to figure his out. His ICM isn't that old. Being a '73 it likely isn't the original distributor (not entirely sure when HEI came in to play) so they might not have done the wiring right or something.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I need to figure his out. His ICM isn't that old. Being a '73 it likely isn't the original distributor (not entirely sure when HEI came in to play) so they might not have done the wiring right or something.

Mine isn't either, I think I might have shorted it out. It's not but a few months old, but I pulled the dizzy up to relocate # to the OE spot, and replace plug wires, after restabbing it, no spark now. Already swapped the coil, checked for power at the ign wire, looked for pinched wires in the cap etc, found nothing so far. So I'm thinking I may have had the key on from bumping it around to TDC, arced something and blew the ICM., Only thing that makes sense.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Sorry HCpc . i didn't see it either. but i wouldn't be any help. good luck

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sorry HCpc . i didn't see it either. but i wouldn't be any help. good luck

Ain't no thang. I know what all I have to do really. I was just hoping maybe I was skipping or forgetting something simple and sometimes a 2nd opinion or comment can fire a thought in my head. I was just in mega pain and not thinking clear is why I asked. Any time I do dizzy work on a truck and have to get back that far, I pay dearly for it with mega low back and neck pain. I just gave up on it for awhile and drove the 85 K1500 for awhile but it still sits today not running.

I guess it's been over a freakin month. Damn time flies !!!
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286&page=10

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Today has been a good day for the truck.

1. Replaced the starter first thing this morning. It was under lifetime warranty so it was free of charge. :D This time I shimmed it a little bit and it starts MUCH quieter now. The other one probably needed shimmed as well which is probably why it went out so soon. oh well! :) Today was one of the FEW days I've ever wished I had manifolds over my headers. The headers are almost in the way of replacing the starter

2. Took the boys for a ride. the first one of 2013. I took the two older boys for a ride first then the little guy on his very first ride in the truck :D He loved it!! After we got the starter in and fired the truck up my wife said he perked up and gave her a huge smile. He must be my son :lol:

3. After rides I gave it a good bath in the driveway.

All i need to do now is change the oil and drive her. I'm hoping it stays dry most of this week. If it does I'm hoping to drive it to work a couple of times and get out the cob webs :) I haven't driven it since November so it needs to stretch it's legs a bit. :driver:

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hrpc, i know what you mean about neck & back pain, i take morphine 3 times a day. i can't take over the counter( stomach issues)have you tried a inversion table ? it helps me.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hrpc, i know what you mean about neck & back pain, i take morphine 3 times a day. i can't take over the counter( stomach issues)have you tried a inversion table ? it helps me.

I want one bad. I know traction helps me. I see those Jeeter commercials all the time, I hope to afford one someday. Traction is the only thing that has shown at least a little bit of relief for me, and we found that out by accident when I was married. So I told the therapist. They had me cranked up all the way. She couldn't beleive it. Said she was afraid I was going to be torn apart. I said Oh helll NO. Turn it up, Turn it up. She was scared so she just rolled the machine over to me so I could control it. She came in 10 minutes later to check on me and I had cranked it all the way up and instead of pulling for 4 seconds and releasing, and pause for 5, I had it up the pull for 7 seconds and pause for 3. :laughing1: That **** worked back then. I bet it would now too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26