What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ha. That’s the exact piece I took off a bit ago! Paint is perfect on it and I want it to match the interior anyways. This is the difference. Lol
@squarelyfe
It’s all good. Hell I’ve had 16 months to tell them it’s wrong and didn’t (know). And they said they’re taking care of it. Sent them a piece to match, they are eating a gallon of paint and making it right.
So far nothing but good to say about them.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think they are/were a tool company? How they got into paint....dunno. Haven't seen anyone dislike them - seems to be if they used it, they loved it.

I've got a new Warwick 980 gun been wanting to use (SATA knockoff). Everyone who uses them loves them too......so will see.
Story that Tammy…and Bob told me was they were a distributor for auto paint for shops. So they knew the product and the business and saw a market to produce the same quality materials as the big boys but without the massive markup that the big companies put on retail sales, like us guys who buy a gallon of paint and some clear one in a blue moon.
Bob rattled off that they use _____resin just like BASF _____ high dollar clear and _____ process to ensure reducer purity and so on and so forth.
Was pretty convincing. And so far it looks like car paint. Smells like car paint. Lays down well. Bonds good.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
So the other day I got ready to put my new crate engine up on the stand and start building it up, got out all the parts, got all excited.
Took the lid off the box, started taking the packaging off, and was like "hey, wait a minute".
Almost every bolt hole on that block was a stupid helicoil, or almost completely stripped out. Every exhaust manifold bolt hole, about 3/4 of the intake manifold bolt holes, and most of the accessory drive, water pump bolts, and bell housing bolts were either stripped out so bad a bolt wouldnt grab, or you couldn't thread in any bolts at all into the helicoils. And intake ports looked like they were hogged out by a blind guy with a dull dremel. I was like this thing is garbage, I'm not putting this thing in my truck, and I'm certainly not paying 2k for this stupid thing. So I put it back in the box and sent it back, demanded my money back.

So now I decided, screw it, I'm not gonna go buy another "remanufactured" POS, im just gonna rebuild the engine i got, that way I can keep the numbers matching block too.
So I bought another 305 off a guy I was working for, for $50, and I'm gonna take the crank, rods, and pistons out of that, and put them in my old block.
I get my 2k back and get to keep my orginal block, win win.

Only downfall is I dont get to put my truck back together as soon as I had hoped, so that's a bummer, but oh well. I think that other engine would've been more headache that it was worth though. Glad I desided to just send it back.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I had my back glass tinted. The tint was not just for cosmetics, the Gulf Coast sunshine combined with a clear glass in a single cab against the back of my neck and bald head was not fun. I would have to wear a high collared shirt and a hat everywhere I went to prevent sunburn.

I am supposed to attend a local car show tomorrow so I washed it. In the middle of that idiocy, it began to sleet. I have shelved that job until tomorrow morning, supposed to get up to 50 degrees F here and sunny so that may be more pleasant.

You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
So the other day I got ready to put my new crate engine up on the stand and start building it up, got out all the parts, got all excited.
Took the lid off the box, started taking the packaging off, and was like "hey, wait a minute".
Almost every bolt hole on that block was a stupid helicoil, or almost completely stripped out. Every exhaust manifold bolt hole, about 3/4 of the intake manifold bolt holes, and most of the accessory drive, water pump bolts, and bell housing bolts were either stripped out so bad a bolt wouldnt grab, or you couldn't thread in any bolts at all into the helicoils. And intake ports looked like they were hogged out by a blind guy with a dull dremel. I was like this thing is garbage, I'm not putting this thing in my truck, and I'm certainly not paying 2k for this stupid thing. So I put it back in the box and sent it back, demanded my money back.

So now I decided, screw it, I'm not gonna go buy another "remanufactured" POS, im just gonna rebuild the engine i got, that way I can keep the numbers matching block too.
So I bought another 305 off a guy I was working for, for $50, and I'm gonna take the crank, rods, and pistons out of that, and put them in my old block.

Only downfall is I dont get to put my truck back together as soon as I had hoped, so that's a bummer, but oh well. I think that other engine would've been more headache that it was worth though. Glad I desided to just send it back.
who'd you get it from so we can all stay away?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

Yikes, that's why I just rebuilt one myself too. I just don't trust that they are rebuilt right. I got a 350 from a 1970 A-body for free from a local guy and ended up about $1500 into it between machining and new parts.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Thanx for the replies and likes. As a add on to the thread about body panel adjustment, patience and beer go a long way. A porta power was used to stretch the drivers side front clip to get it lined up. The passenger side took the porta power to the back of the door jam to get it to fit right. All part of the process.
Eric

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Yikes, that's why I just rebuilt one myself too. I just don't trust that they are rebuilt right. I got a 350 from a 1970 A-body for free from a local guy and ended up about $1500 into it between machining and new parts.
Dont blame you, I see why now. That's cheaper than what I paid, and you'll have a way better product when your done.
I learned my lesson.
There aren't any machine shops anywhere in the area, I'd have to travel like 200miles. So I'm just gonna do my best at home.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Installed auto choke on the Holly, and re jetted, primary 73, secondaries 83, helped a bunch and more power, and easier to start. Also pulled the injection pump on the 6.2 diesel, sent out to rebuild got it back yesterday, Yesterday finished the install of a Spartan locker for the front D44 on the 73, works good, Got the Advanced Adapter to mate my eight bolt 205 to the two wheel drive 4l80e. BTW, I did a pictorial write on the spartain locker install under 1973 K20 D44 front Spartan Locker install.

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Installed auto choke on the Holly, and rejetted, primary 73, secondaries 83, helped a bunch and more power, and easier to start. Also pulled the injection pump on the 6.2 diesel, sent out to rebuild got it back yesterday, Yesterday finished the install os a Spartan locker for the front D44 on the 73, works good, Got the Advanced Adapter to mate my eight bolt 205 to the two wheel drive 4l80e.
Do you have the right measurement to cut down the output shaft on the 4L80E? I took a measurement of what the output on my TH400 was when I took it out last year.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Dont blame you, I see why now. That's cheaper than what I paid, and you'll have a way better product when your done.
I learned my lesson.
There aren't any machine shops anywhere in the area, I'd have to travel like 200miles. So I'm just gonna do my best at home.
Yeah, I've seen good things about blueprint engines and others from summit and other speed shops like that, but they are about double what the box auto parts stores charge for a "rebuilt" engine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy