What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Hopefully his isn't like mine and has 2.56 gears. That sucks for any occasion.

I've got 3.08s out back, so it should be alright. I opted to go with a non-lockup TH350 as I don't really do all that much freeway/highway driving, and I like the extra durability of the regular non-lockup trans (not to mention parts availability). I did drop off an old TH350C core that the trans builder is going to use parts out of (he said they've got some good rollerized stuff in them he can use). Should be ready in a few weeks. Trans is being built by what I consider to be the best damned trans shop in all of Texas, Jake's Performance. I may just be biased though! :p

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got 3.08s out back, so it should be alright. I opted to go with a non-lockup TH350 as I don't really do all that much freeway/highway driving, and I like the extra durability of the regular non-lockup trans (not to mention parts availability). I did drop off an old TH350C core that the trans builder is going to use parts out of (he said they've got some good rollerized stuff in them he can use). Should be ready in a few weeks. Trans is being built by what I consider to be the best damned trans shop in all of Texas, Jake's Performance. I may just be biased though! :p

Ahh, now I see the details. Yes, the Th350C, only cuz it's later model, has a couple torrington bearings instead of thrust washers. It does take a hair of the drag and friction away from the trans. Yep, the Th350 is a bit stronger, but for a DD and a OEM 305, Th350C would have been my choice. You might be surprised to know, it's actually easier to find the parts needed for a Th350C than the Th350 for some reason. Converter shops get giggly when they see my stockpile of converters for Th350/400's since alot of the cores have been scrapped over the years.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Recharged the A/C system.... years since she spit out 32 Degress but did get down to 58, i may grab another can of 134 and put in her

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Recharged the A/C system.... years since she spit out 32 Degress but did get down to 58, i may grab another can of 134 and put in her

If you're getting 58 out of it, that's pretty damn good. I think I'd leave well enough alone. Another can just might be to much and overwork something and then you won't have AC at all. Are you not using gauges?

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Yea my filler tube has a gauge, it was in the green section when i put the last can in.... about 40 PSI. I have a gauge set up i can just test that part, its a handy device we made that works with the newer connection for the a/c it also works on the newer ones with a port on the fuel rail to check fuel pressure.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
let the a/c system set a few days, still pulling 55lbs no loss but still only 60 degrees or so, i guess i should have went and found some R12 for it, the system was 100% empty, i pulled the connections loose and did some checking prior to recharge.

Today she got a new Heater/AC fan speed switch, easy replacement, new marker lights even easier and a brand new heartbeat of america tag for the front (old one the red had gone pink)

cmull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
1978/1984
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
the original mufflers were making some weird noises so i took em off and OH MY shes loud now! I really like it! But I live near to many people who will complain.. so I went ahead and get some thrush welded mufflers and am getting them welded on soon!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've been busy the last couple days. Replaced a small section of exhaust on the C10.

Then the rusty '90 Burb got a new brake line and hose, new window motor, and I installed carpet over the rear wheel wheels and finally reinstalled the floor mat in the rear.

Then today the '88 Burb got a bunch of repairs too. Recharged the AC and replaced the low pressure cutoff switch, repaired the front u-joint, replaced the pads and adjusted the shoes, installed a steering damper, unhooked the sway bar, re-centered the steering wheel, and did a bunch of other piddly repairs. I had planned on replacing the left ball joints, but they haven't gained any more slop since they first got loose about 50K ago.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
I drove my truck today! My first time for a "real" drive.

Drove it in to work. In my build thread I mentioned that I moved into a new house over the weekend and all I had driven the truck was around the block since my dad drove it up to Michigan from Georgia. Ran absolutely perfect.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Tailgate trim an sport bumper. Gotta get new bolts for the license plate box an inserts with screws to hold the tag an its good for now. Hope to get it aligned later next week.

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool !!! Compass mirror installed !!!

Where the hell you been 89S? I've even been here more than you lately. Everythang OK?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Since my 1984 was a straight-six truck, there was no ECM, and thus, no mounting brackets. I fabbed some up from 1/8" flat steel. It's basically a clamshell that is attached from inside the dash to the firewall cowl panel. I will need to seal inside the cowl to make sure it's water proof, but it's nice to finally have my ECM mounted instead of just hanging there.

Would've snapped pictures, but my camera upped and died, and my wife is out of town with the other camera.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Cool !!! Compass mirror installed !!!

Where the hell you been 89S?

I've even been here more than you lately. Everythang OK?

Yes, Retro compass mirror from the '89 installed. And is grounded from the factory buss bar. :waytogo:

Loosing a lot of my free time I used to spend online. :(

No everything sucks :happy107:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikejeden