What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
How do you bend that shaft O.O

You must be registered for see images attach

Thats quite the solid shaft(HAHAH guys, @Vbb199 I see you in the corner) and if your friend bent it , I just must say hes got quite the grip his partners must be very proud

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
How do you bend that shaft O.O

Thats quite the solid shaft(HAHAH guys, @Vbb199 I see you in the corner) and if your friend bent it , I just must say hes got quite the grip his partners must be very proud

I dont understand why im apart of shaft gripping and bending :confused:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I dont understand why im apart of shaft gripping and bending :confused:
20 bucks is 20 bucks beggers cant be choosers

its the economy of the opportunists now

gonna be left behind or you gonna be walkin home with andrew jackson

thats what I thought

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Oh... you know why :console:

Because my big block would snap the input off ? I hope? This is gmsquarebody isnt it? Or did i end up on another website?

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Looks familiar! 1 bottle of Mapp gas and 27 razor blades later our truck was stripped! What year are those bed sides? Looks like it peeled down to bare metal and fairly easily. Mine was a different situation as it had 1 repaint probably 30 years ago.

Not exactly sure on the year, but in the 80's with the square fuel door. The panels have that galvannealed layer over the steel and just the original layer of paint. all in all it came off pretty good.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Oh, so your saying itd be easier to unbolt the trans from the bell housing, than it is the bell housing from the engine.
I could go for that. What about hurting the input shaft of the trans? A friend did a similar thing when taking out his, and bent the shaft.

I would try and get all the bolts off the bell housing first and pull it that way. But the other option is removing the four bolts on the trans. You have removed enough stuff in front of the engine that you should be able to move it forward enough without lifting it to high to clear the input shaft. And or remove the bell housing and clutch from the engine. But again don't forget to support that trans even though it is connected to a cross member. that thing weighs a ton.

Again I would first try and remove the bell housing from the engine. It can be done only a couple of bolts are hard to get to!

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I would try and get all the bolts off the bell housing first and pull it that way. But the other option is removing the four bolts on the trans. You have removed enough stuff in front of the engine that you should be able to move it forward enough without lifting it to high to clear the input shaft. And or remove the bell housing and clutch from the engine. But again don't forget to support that trans even though it is connected to a cross member. that thing weighs a ton.

Again I would first try and remove the bell housing from the engine. It can be done only a couple of bolts are hard to get to!

Okay, that makes sense.
I crawled in under that hood earlier and took a peek, it looks like I can undo them easier than I thought. I can see/reach the top 4. There are 6, right?
And should I take the starter off, or can I pull it, with it in place?

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I left on a family road trip with a high mileage suburban and came back with a basically new one…

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Okay, that makes sense.
I crawled in under that hood earlier and took a peek, it looks like I can undo them easier than I thought. I can see/reach the top 4. There are 6, right?
And should I take the starter off, or can I pull it, with it in place?

If your rebuilding the motor your going to take it off anyway. either way you'll have to get under there and disconnect the wiring and lower bell housing covers, exhaust flanges, clutch linkage etc,.

Take pictures and or tag everything so you know were everything goes. Unless your doing a one day swap!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Got the radiator in this morning and installed the Burb's fan shroud around it. Boy do i love parts trucks! The gift that keeps on giving....
She started up relatively quick for not running for a month and a half. Makes a guy forget as to how smokey she is! I have yet to pull the spark plugs for some reason, they're probably all filed. Best spark plugs i should get?

Pictured below is the front 85% together with the new lights on, and i linked a video of the start up/check. First run since my major engine bay rewiring. Gets boring around the middle but hang in there!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
If your rebuilding the motor your going to take it off anyway. either way you'll have to get under there and disconnect the wiring and lower bell housing covers, exhaust flanges, clutch linkage etc,.

Take pictures and or tag everything so you know were everything goes. Unless your doing a one day swap!

I've already undone all the starter wiring, the inspection cover, the exhaust, all that.

So far ive been good about taking lots of pics, mainly of the wiring and the accessory drive. And I'm good to bag and tag everything.

No one day swaps here, too tired for that lol.
I've pulled multiple engines before, but this is the first one I cared about both truck and engine. One out of a junkyard Durango (mainly alot of cutting and yanking stuff), and 2 SBCs. Both out of rolling chassis, one out of a willys jeep, and one out of a parts truck squarebody.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
While the interior is all out of my truck, I finally got around to replacing the heater core today.
It wasn't as bad as I had dreaded.
Got the air box out, took off the HC, then cleaned all that stuff up & added new foam seals where needed before putting the whole unit back in.
Now I can start on the "other" vent window and start getting it back together.
:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody