What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I actually bought a new mirror at pep boys that had a gel glue with it. Been on for 4 years now with no problems.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Pulled out the rad support today. Needs painted, support mounts need replaced, new radiator, new AC condensor, new headlights, fog lights, etc. I had also switched fans once it was off, PO put on some dumb aftermarket one that's just been begging to cut my hand off during the engine work. LOVING the parts truck!

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I ordered the shift indicator from LMC, but figured while I waited I can try some jury rigging aka "engineering".

Super glued the broken needle back to the trolley, and am letting a glop of Gorilla Glue harder to replace the what I assume are broken and missing bottom lugs where the trolley rides on the stamped sheet metal guide.

Now, can I get the pos back together without removing the PRNDLL metal plate ?
Dunno- played with that earlier today and what a sumbish to get back in and bolted up with the bezel not full removed.

:mad:

Stubborn and stupid is a bad combo, but here I is.

:anitoof:

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know it doesn't look like much, but I got one of my vent windows "re-rubbered" & new latch installed.
A good challenge for a couple hours in 100 degree temp today.

Nice!
Mine are apart, gotta paint the frames still.
I crapped out on them because I got the wrong seals….

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally got an afternoon to work on the truck. Got a couple more misc parts prepped for paint and 3 of the windshield rust repairs done.
Not a very exciting picture….

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
After trying all weekend to get it to the shop to have the rear end finished up. They finally picked it up yesterday and got it to the shop. He said should have it back at the end of the week. Sure hope so. Ready to try the new posi out in a burnout :burnout:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So I finally got my axles all together again.....can now begin where I left off 4 months ago. I never did one but trust how it is now better than the 'professional' assclown who was paid (and took 9+ months) to do it. 8 wheels on this dolly for all the weight in the front.

Then spent yesterday getting both axles under the frame again. Wife was a BIG help....U-bolts sprung out and wouldn't fit, so while I squeezed them with channel locks, she pushed the plates down. All the nuts and U-bolts for the axles badly rusted sitting for one winter. Garbage (asian?) plating. So I wire wheeled them all clean and had them re-plated right. They are by far better than they were before (new or otherwise).

The spindles were greased up and bagged before the cover went back on. Once the cab and bed are in epoxy primer, they will trade places with the frame (in the garage) and the motor, trans, etc will all go in.

Really want to put the wheels back on but dont think the garage door is high enough to fit the frame with cab on if I do.

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
More brake work.

Monday I decided to try an experiment - I put my OE drums back on that I made the mistake of leaving outside in bags, in the cardboard boxes the new Chinesium ones came in.

Thought they were in a rain proof area - nope. :eek:

Over time , I used a plastic wire wheel and PB blaster and got them somewhat cleaned up - not perfect.

Got to thinking about it, and a rotor rusts when it rains, and is cleaned up by the pads.

Would a drum be any different ?

The Chinesium ones seemed to have a slight out of round condition, and thru various issues got heat glazed.

So, swapped em Monday night. Figured any small pits would rough up the shoes - mo better friction.:anitoof:

Tuesday I pulled em off again - trying to get them adjusted. test drove - it's OK, but getting a gawdawful groaning ( been happening a while now ) from the fronts at the end of the stop.

Pulled the left caliper last night - all looks well , but the outboard pad with the ears was loose. Played with that and reassembled.

Will do the PS tonight, weather permitting, and take her to work tomorrow.

That 3 ton Craftsman floor jack is one heavy Motha to move around - been getting a workout every night this week after working a normal day.

Ugh.

If it ain't fixed after this I think it's shop time. :oops:

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I got in and turned it on and drove it.
Then at a stop sign I got a wild hair and eased it into 2nd (1st on the 465) and as we rolled across the line I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and listened to the big block sing all the way across the intersection...

No wonder the junk tires that are on it are bald, it just sounds good.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Gonna be fighting in the dash this weekend- part came in.

Mine says L2 L1, so I guess I will transplant this trolley and cable to the old.

This is the part I was attempting to glue build back up. What do you know- trying to put it in the middle was correct!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A few pieces that were replated (in addition to the u-bolts, washers and nuts for the axles). I was able to re-use most all of my brackets and latches. They were in excellent shape, just not as purtee as they once were. Plus, IMO they're better made than the knock offs. This plater is an exclusive supplier to Chrysler and not open to the public but a friend of a friend is the 3rd generation heir to the company so lets me come in. They remind me every time that I am not to tell where I get this done. lol

These were from the drop sway bar kit from ORD. The plater told me the blotches are 'non-conducive metals' and are common on cheap steel or steel thats been recycled under poor standards (mixed with aluminum, etc).

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Gutted the dash area, started to replace the big fuel gauge with the new tach. Install small fuel gauge where the clock was.
(Until I discovered that I received the wrong printed circuit)
Cleaned & painted some more interior trim pieces.
Sweated a lot..........

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
Mud/rock guard install. Did not want to penetrate any more than necessary and did not like any local offerings so built my own. Used the existing holes in the rear well for bolt stand-offs, cut some 17 guage steel and rosette welded to the bolt heads.

Used stainless 1/4x20 bolts, washers and lock nuts.

Fronts used 1 1/4” aluminum square stock spacers them stainless drill screwed them to the inner fenders, stainless drill screws and washers to secure the rubber. I cut the flaps out of larger truck flaps from NAPA.

Should help keep the new paint longer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota