What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
NOOOOO!!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Poor hood, this same thing happended about two and a half years ago, but I was on the interstate, and the hood was even more mangled.

I was working on it last night, and I must have not latched the hood all the way.
You’re not the only one to do this. One dark night many years ago, Tina & I were dispatched to the lake north of town because our daughter had a dead battery. I twisted up a couple of road trip refreshments and away we go in a little Ranger pickup. Got there, popped the hood and got hers jumped off. On the way back, I needed refreshed again. A few miles farther and the stinking hood flies back standing straight up doing 70 around a curve. Scared the crap out of us. I got my @$$ chewed on real good. No major damage, luckily. After replaying everything in my head, I realized I screwed up and didn’t fully close it because of the foggy conditions that had set in:rolleyes:. Self inflicted stupidity.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pulled the driveshaft to replace ujoints and go figure it's all beaten up and making it very hard to get them out. I beat on it with a 3lb hammer and it didn't budge. Even after soaked it in penatrating oil. I think it's been beat a little out of round.

I'd really like to "thank" someone with a 3lb hammer if I found that when I took it apart!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
According to the rear license plate bracket, your truck was sold originally with no rear bumper. Pretty interesting to see on a high trim level truck.
Agreed. I pointed that out to my buddy as well, it was common back then but not on a loaded truck. This was a longbed on a horse farm originally, it had a 5th wheel in it for most of it’s life so I would guess the same people are rocking a loaded LTZ or Platinum Ford nowadays lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I think the po did it in order to fix the heater core because it isn't hooked up. That's the only thing I can think of why you'd do that. Lol

Is it covering the reinforcement? Because all my inner fenders have a plate there where the fender bolts to the cab.

Obviously, some in better shape than others.

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I got the swaybar bushings replaced yesterday. I'm in the process of replacing the carpet and seat reupholstered. The carpet is installed but waiting on the seat.

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Replacing carpet, prepping floor, waiting for seat to be recovered. Excuse all the double images. I'm not too swift on the computer.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Moved stalls yesterday, i now have both of them together with a doorway between my Squares; pretty much the best thing i could've done. Walking between the two sucked SO bad. Moved in yesterday, finished some sorting today and took off the wipers and the hood. When the truck goes down the street for a bit, the hood, doors and tailgate will be getting the sanding of a life time, epoxied and perhaps even some body work. We shall see

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Went junkyard hunting and found a front sway bar with brackets. Cleaned up my parking and turn signal lenses for install. Remove the front turn signal housings to clean up and repaint for install.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Pulled the driveshaft to replace ujoints and go figure it's all beaten up and making it very hard to get them out. I beat on it with a 3lb hammer and it didn't budge. Even after soaked it in penatrating oil. I think it's been beat a little out of round.

Personally, I'd replace the shaft. Or at least the rear yoke and a re-tube. I don't like that the tube has a welded seam.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Personally, I'd replace the shaft. Or at least the rear yoke and a re-tube. I don't like that the tube has a welded seam.

I really just want to buy a new driveshaft. Just need to make sure I get the right one.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I really just want to buy a new driveshaft. Just need to make sure I get the right one.

when i went to get a new one, i took in the original and said i wanted a brand new duplicate of it and they did. Granted it was $600

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Topped off the oil again. :baby:

Pretty much been daily driving her this entire month - good thing I am getting 5% back on gas purchases.

Dam near time to change the oil again, too . you would not think it would get dark w/ the top offs, but those have included MMO and a half quart or so of tranny fluid.

:dogpile:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don