What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Cleaned the windshield and drove it to the gas station to fill up.

Also lubed the door hinges because Brown has become a place to play with for my kid and there has been a lot of door opening and closing. There are no interior lights so no battery usage, just latch and hinge play. Reminds me when I used to play in my dad's old truck in the driveway. Good times.:happy160:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Washed it, sprayed it with quick detailer, and took it out for a nice long drive.....

You must be registered for see images attach

Ni e truck

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
I think that's how they are from the factory. Rain x can work wonders
Yea I replaced everything. Originally only had low and they would not park and didn't have a washer fluid reservoir so I bought it all. Replaced unit inside steering column and new selector switch , motor and reservoir. So back to working like new . is there a conversion for the j hook style wiper arm for the squarebody ? Not a fan of this pin style I have . seems very loose wobbly .

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
Dropped it off at the tuner’s Wednesday after the exhaust shop. We figured out it wouldn’t run cuz the fuel pump had died. That’s #2. First one died 30sec after firing it the first time in October, it was a parts store brand. This second one was a Delphi.

So got my dad to help me drop the tank and throw in a genuine GM AC Delco Thursday night. Got it running, let it run for 3-4min and shut it off. Tuner said he work on it Friday. He calls me Friday, says I need to bring him an injector, #2 is dead. No big deal. Bring that, we get it changed, go to fire it up. Nothing. Fuel pump is dead again [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

His shop is in a real small industrial park and he doesn’t have room for me to leave it three. So I’ve gotta grab the trailer from work again and I’m gonna bring the truck to work to drop the tank again. Plus we’ve got a huge lot the tuner can drive around in once I figure out this issue. I’m thinking either the sender is slightly too deep in the tank and the pump is creating suction or somehow I’ve gotten 3 bad pumps. The second pump ran flawlessly for about 6 months as needed, so the wiring has to be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
some good reading !!
https://www.lsxmag.com/news/real-street-performance-puts-22-in-tank-fuel-pumps-to-the-test/

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Finished cleaning up the back brake on pass side sprayed a light coat of paint on and put new cylinder in.

Sprayed some caliper paint on the other parts and semi gloss on pb piece and springs.

I know you can't see them but, I'm hoping it cuts down on them rusting in the future. I'm still waiting on the rest of the kit so might as well do something. Lol

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Repaired my old 40lb blaster, tested it out on one side of my passenger side door. Finished the down to the metal with my favorite tool. Cleaned it then rattle caned it. Still need to fix all the mirror mounting spots over the years. And blast the other side.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finished cleaning up the back brake on pass side sprayed a light coat of paint on and put new cylinder in.

Sprayed some caliper paint on the other parts and semi gloss on pb piece and springs.

I know you can't see them but, I'm hoping it cuts down on them rusting in the future. I'm still waiting on the rest of the kit so might as well do something. Lol
Dont forget a small dab of grease wherever your brake hardware contacts the backplate.Makes for some quieter smooth brakes.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Got less than planned done, but still a decent amount. Replaced the valve cover gaskets and adjusted the valves to zero lash. Removed the last ac bracket off the engine, until I put it all back on later this year. Changed belts, tightened down the power steering pump and the loose lines, and added a new air cleaner. Sparkplug wires tomorrow. Next week plan to do the oil pan or exhaust.

Nice headers too

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Got my wipers working as they should . I now have two speeds and they park like they should. High spd isnt much faster than low spd but its a little faster and should do fine with the help of rain-x

I did this same thing earlier this year.Gotta love working on that!Seemed like I’d never get mine right,but finally did.Also,getting washer fluid spouts to shoot straight is fun to.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
changed the oil. Also started wiring in a new plug for electric windows.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Yea I replaced everything. Originally only had low and they would not park and didn't have a washer fluid reservoir so I bought it all. Replaced unit inside steering column and new selector switch , motor and reservoir. So back to working like new . is there a conversion for the j hook style wiper arm for the squarebody ? Not a fan of this pin style I have . seems very loose wobbly .

I used this one. Some have criticized that they are for Ferd, but I use whatever works if it is better than the original. There are probably others that are for GM, but this is the first one I found that works for me.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...3/dorman-help-windshield-wiper-arm/mtm0/42631

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Well here's a question to all:

Would you rather buy a PRESTINE Square Body, already done, practically brand new.

OR

Buy a total POS Square Body and go through the process of restoration and making it your own.

......and why?

EDIT: okay there's no such thing as a "POS Square Body", we'll just go with "rough around the edges; needs a TON of work"

Option C:
A truck thats been in the family almost its entire life, that got abandoned for years, then someone breathed a whole new life into it. A year ago with new drivetrain and suspension parts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD