What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
I did this same thing earlier this year.Gotta love working on that!Seemed like I’d never get mine right,but finally did.Also,getting washer fluid spouts to shoot straight is fun to.
Use a safety pin to adjust the spouts . that's how i've always done it and has worked well .

Knight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Kicked ass today. Took a pto day from work and welded up the exhaust. I was hoping to go out the back but it gets purty tight, so I think I'm gonna do turn downs right before the axle.

You must be registered for see images attach

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well, my filter project has been nothing but a circus since I received them. A quick run down...Even tho they claim a complete kit, there were no threaded rods or nuts to secure them. Found some stainless all thread in Lawton last weekend. Ordered some chrome, knurled nuts from Amazon same weekend. Supposed to arrive Tuesday.

The night I got the filters , it was late and wanted to see how they looked on it so just set them in place. Because of the way the hood opens, and the way it was cut for the old bug catcher, the rear stack needed raised. Had some el cheapo air cleaner spacers to play with to get the height needed. Needed 2” to make it work, so started looking for aluminum spacers. 2” for the rear, 1 1/2” for the front.

Tuesday comes and goes with no nuts. Thursday Amazon thinks it’s lost in the mail. Duh!! Friday they said it is. Reordered and they changed the shipping method. Said will be here this Tuesday. Still looking for spacers anyways.

Today was wet so we got off for the day. 1st time I actually got to focus on this fresh and more observant as to what was going on. Pulled the shotgun scoop back off for the hundredth time to play with the spacers again. What I failed to see before was that even tho they were close together, there was a reason. The plastic spacers are flimsy and didn’t fit the base of the stacks at all. Everything was cockeyed. Rigid aluminum would have straightened them up were they obviously (now) will not work. Got a hold of K&N and confirmed it. They need 9 1/4” centerline to centerline on the filter studs. I have 8 1/2”. Was fixing to order the spacers too.

But the nuts showed up. This is usually the story of my life. A really stupid move on my part for not paying attention to detail. So I reckon the scoop stays on. But I’m thinking 2” spacers to bring it up:confused:

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Washed it, sprayed it with quick detailer, and took it out for a nice long drive.....

Freaking killer truck

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Found some stainless all thread in Lawton last weekend

A real good buddy of mine landed in Lawton from back home here in central IL years ago from being in the military there. As it goes- He met a girl from there, got married, had kids and settled down. He opened up a diesel truck shop on the east side of Lawton a few years ago now and has been pretty successful. We haven't seen each other face to face in probably a decade or so, but with the beauty of social media we have been able to stay in touch. Wasn't trying to hijack, but when I saw you mention Lawton I immediately thought of my old buddy and got a little nostalgia in my brain. For a few moments there he felt a little closer to home.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A real good buddy of mine landed in Lawton from back home here in central IL years ago from being in the military there. As it goes- He met a girl from there, got married, had kids and settled down. He opened up a diesel truck shop on the east side of Lawton a few years ago now and has been pretty successful. We haven't seen each other face to face in probably a decade or so, but with the beauty of social media we have been able to stay in touch. Wasn't trying to hijack, but when I saw you mention Lawton I immediately thought of my old buddy and got a little nostalgia in my brain. For a few moments there he felt a little closer to home.
I know where you’re coming from. Old memories have been flooding my head lately also.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Yea I replaced everything. Originally only had low and they would not park and didn't have a washer fluid reservoir so I bought it all. Replaced unit inside steering column and new selector switch , motor and reservoir. So back to working like new . is there a conversion for the j hook style wiper arm for the squarebody ? Not a fan of this pin style I have . seems very loose wobbly .

My 1980 has J-hook style arms. I have an extra set just sitting around if you want them

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
You really should consider selling that hood to me!

I almost ordered a 4" cowl hood for it a few weeks ago before deciding to paint the one I already had. I just feel like the bigger cowl would be too much, and i'm a short guy so hard enough seeing over the hood as it is! Lol

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My year old 2" lift springs which have never seen rain (since my truck's wipers and anything else electrical didn't work)....started to rust. I blasted them and POR 15'd them.....then top coated them with satin. Will post pics when they're done....hoping to get the last half done today. Top coat's supposed to dry in 1-2 hrs....its been 4 and they're still tacky.

Local old timer is redoing his rusty square. My old ones are 20x better than his (used but rust free) so I let him help himself. He insisted on paying so I directed him to the great reset currency of Michelob Ultra Golden and the requirement he help himself to that as well when he shows....we're both happy at time of business (or lit - or both). I've got all new brake components (ss lines, MC, booster, etc) - so he took my old stuff. I drained the brake fluid that was in it....

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
My year old 2" lift springs which have never seen rain (since my truck's wipers and anything else electrical didn't work)....started to rust. I blasted them and POR 15'd them.....then top coated them with satin. Will post pics when they're done....hoping to get the last half done today. Top coat's supposed to dry in 1-2 hrs....its been 4 and they're still tacky.

Local old timer is redoing his rusty square. My old ones are 20x better than his (used but rust free) so I let him help himself. He insisted on paying so I directed him to the great reset currency of Michelob Ultra Golden and the requirement he help himself to that as well when he shows....we're both happy at time of business (or lit - or both). I've got all new brake components (ss lines, MC, booster, etc) - so he took my old stuff. I drained the brake fluid that was in it....

I'm in the middle of redoing my whole brake system too. New prop valve came in the other day and the rest of my **** should be there today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35