What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got the wrong atf out and the new in. I Googled how much atf for a th350 and it said 4 qts. Ok with the 2qt deeper pan I put in 6qts. Drove it around the block. Ran fine shfted good. Park it in the street idling and checked it and nothing on the dipstick. Says check it hot, so should I drive it more then check it to get it hot? Of wtf? Lol
NO!!!! Don't drive it off the stick. You are suppose to check it hot on level ground in park. BUT you should still see it on the stick even cold and off. It will be higher on e warm so it should usually be just below the minimum line when cold and running, cold and off it may be a tad higher?

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Hey guys, i got my 8.5" rebuilt!

Yukon Duragrip Posi ordered last night.

You must be registered for see images attach

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Went to start ol brown and got no lights, no buzzer and not a click to be found. Crap. :(

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Helped my buddy wit his GJ. New water pump, new belts, my old Qjet, my old plug wires, new plugs, new rad/hoses, new heater core. She runs a lot better now but the heater hoses started to leak and also the plug in the new T-stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Started up the '80 today. Drove it around the parking lot in 2nd gear for a bit. Stretchin the legs, workin the juices. Ready for the spring

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Helped my buddy wit his GJ. New water pump, new belts, my old Qjet, my old plug wires, new plugs, new rad/hoses, new heater core. She runs a lot better now but the heater hoses started to leak and also the plug in the new T-stat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see a computer controlled qjet without the CCC wiring????

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I noticed a little wobble from the rear of my Burb the last few days. It turned out, one of my rear tires was separated. It was bald anyway. Really bald. Being cheap and still not wanting to buy tires for a truck with an uncertain future as a 2 wheeler, I installed the 35's that I found in a ditch a few months ago.

Y'all can say what you want, I'm a cheap ass and I'm ok with that, lol.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Replaced my thermostat. I had a new 160degree in it but put a new 180 back in to see if that was my problem with the temp gauge not working properly. Nope, didn’t fix the issue. I also changed out the belts with a new set of gates belts. Got rid of the cracked belts that were probably 15 years old.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Replaced my thermostat. I had a new 160degree in it but put a new 180 back in to see if that was my problem with the temp gauge not working properly. Nope, didn’t fix the issue. I also changed out the belts with a new set of gates belts. Got rid of the cracked belts that were probably 15 years old.

I had a temp gauge reading off so I replaced the temp sensor with one I got off of Amazon. It then read hot. Got one from the local AC Delco store and it read perfectly.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Finally replaced the battery, was dated 7/12. It's nice to be able start it without having to leave it on the charger the night before. The burb is purring nicely for the first time in many months. Engine's still ******, but it's nice to be able to move it around the driveway so it's not dead weight getting in my way

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I noticed a little wobble from the rear of my Burb the last few days. It turned out, one of my rear tires was separated. It was bald anyway. Really bald. Being cheap and still not wanting to buy tires for a truck with an uncertain future as a 2 wheeler, I installed the 35's that I found in a ditch a few months ago.

Y'all can say what you want, I'm a cheap ass and I'm ok with that, lol.
Looks like the perfect vehicle to disperse protesting looters or BLM rally’s! Mad max!

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I had a temp gauge reading off so I replaced the temp sensor with one I got off of Amazon. It then read hot. Got one from the local AC Delco store and it read perfectly.

im going to have to track down an AC Delco sensor. I think that’s the culprit

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
This Trans fluid level is getting stupid! Friday i put in 6qts and then drove just around the block and checked it and wasn't even on the stick. Checked it today and it's way up on the stick. Just pulled it cold to check it. There's no cold mark just hot.

It's all the way to the hump now. Wtf?

Should I fire it up and drive around the block again then check it? I don't wanna **** **** up by having too much in there. Why something so easy becomes a pita. Lol

Found this too

Pretty sure my TC is full so I don't need to worry about that.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I
This Trans fluid level is getting stupid! Friday i put in 6qts and then drove just around the block and checked it and wasn't even on the stick. Checked it today and it's way up on the stick. Just pulled it cold to check it. There's no cold mark just hot.

It's all the way to the hump now. Wtf?

Should I fire it up and drive around the block again then check it? I don't wanna **** **** up by having too much in there. Why something so easy becomes a pita. Lol

Found this too

Pretty sure my TC is full so I don't need to worry about that.

Had an issue were everything would work fine, on my 94 suburban 2500hd, 454cid 4l80e, get done moving stuff driving around shut her down and it would puke fluid. couldn't find out were. I finally found a mud dauber hornet had plugged the vent line. it has been working fine since I cleared the blockage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigjump73