What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Changed my WOT timing from 32 to 28.5 and cruise timing from 36 to 32. Spark plugs gapped at .055. Timing is supposedly where Vortecs like to be due to more efficient head design. .010 more gap allowed with stronger spark from CDI box.

Rolls into total timing a bit early, so I need to retweak the graph a bit.

Runs well, though. The multiple sparks from the MSD 6efi definitely make the off idle throttle blips super quick and crisp.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
Few days of "HONEYDO".

Continued construction of converting horse stall to garage and storage. Yeah, yeah, I'll get your damn pictures when I go back outside.

Finished permanently connecting wires for gauge panel. Tried it. Nothing. Found I didn't plug IGN wire into fuse box. I'll fix it when I go out. I know pictures.

NEXT ON LIST TO DO:
  1. Your damn pictures !
  2. Finish gauge panel installation
  3. Test ride.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Went to advanced to get my wiper arms that were coming in yesterday but, sol they haven't made it yet. So I bought a cabin filter for the new camaro.

How often do y'all change out your cabin filter? They said 2 a year. I've never had a car or truck with one.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Went to advanced to get my wiper arms that were coming in yesterday but, sol they haven't made it yet. So I bought a cabin filter for the new camaro.

How often do y'all change out your cabin filter? They said 2 a year. I've never had a car or truck with one.

Not often enough- the Cobalt is 10 years old and I have done it once ...

Maybe 2 years ago , now ?

Oops ..

And to think Vato Zone said the PCV filter on Goldie was a "forgotten filter" (true - that is how it was listed) ...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Iirc, when I was at the Honda dealership, the cabin micron filter was part of the 10k maintenance. Really depends on how dusty it is where you live. They might have pushed it out to the 15k mark, but I really can't remember.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size
Few days of "HONEYDO".

Continued construction of converting horse stall to garage and storage. Yeah, yeah, I'll get your damn pictures when I go back outside.

Finished permanently connecting wires for gauge panel. Tried it. Nothing. Found I didn't plug IGN wire into fuse box. I'll fix it when I go out. I know pictures.

NEXT ON LIST TO DO:
  1. Your damn pictures !
  2. Finish gauge panel installation
  3. Test ride.

Too Hot. Damn pictures can wait.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Iirc, when I was at the Honda dealership, the cabin micron filter was part of the 10k maintenance. Really depends on how dusty it is where you live. They might have pushed it out to the 15k mark, but I really can't remember.

Well I went to change it and that MF was brand new so at least I have a new one next time I need one. At least she kept up the pm on it. I found some receipts of oil change and tire rotation. The air filter was brand new too.

Funny I bought some mobile 1 oil and k&n oil filter today. Fram Air filter too. Then read up on it in my manual in the glove box. Says it calculates the rpms, miles, speed and determans when the life of the oil us done and turns on the light. Ha, so now I have fresh oil and all 3 filters ready to go. Lol

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Well I went to change it and that MF was brand new so at least I have a new one next time I need one. At least she kept up the pm on it. I found some receipts of oil change and tire rotation. The air filter was brand new too.

Funny I bought some mobile 1 oil and k&n oil filter today. Fram Air filter too. Then read up on it in my manual in the glove box. Says it calculates the rpms, miles, speed and determans when the life of the oil us done and turns on the light. Ha, so now I have fresh oil and all 3 filters ready to go. Lol
Welcome to the late 20th century.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size