What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Took my bed mat out today to sweep the bed out and found what I figured I would. A wet bed. I’ve got to figure something else out. I don’t really want to take the mat out every couple of days to let it dry, but I don’t want to beat my bed floor up either.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Broke out the plasma cutter on a large piece of 1/4” plate that is quite rusty, made a panel for the head board of the flatbed.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Took my bed mat out today to sweep the bed out and found what I figured I would. A wet bed. I’ve got to figure something else out. I don’t really want to take the mat out every couple of days to let it dry, but I don’t want to beat my bed floor up either.

This is what I was going to do but thought about the wet bed and having to take it out to dry. Now I am thinking about doing the "do it yourself" Herculiner for the bed floor only. Not too expensive that way. Can either get a kit, which is more expensive, or just buy a quart of it or maybe 2 and get it done.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
This is what I was going to do but thought about the wet bed and having to take it out to dry. Now I am thinking about doing the "do it yourself" Herculiner for the bed floor only. Not too expensive that way. Can either get a kit, which is more expensive, or just buy a quart of it or maybe 2 and get it done.
I thought about doing that too but I wasn’t sure I would like the modern look of a spray in. I’ve had a spray in liner in my last 5 trucks but I wouldn’t pay to have one put in. Not worth the money in my opinion. But I could do it myself and just do the floor, then put the mat in over it.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Have you thought about perforated floor mats? They have drainage underneath, interlock, are tough as a tire but you can still cut them to fit. Home stores and restaurant supply stores usually have an assortment.
You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Have you thought about perforated floor mats? They have drainage underneath, interlock, are tough as a tire but you can still cut them to fit. Home stores and restaurant supply stores usually have an assortment.
No I haven’t, but that looks like a really good idea. I’ll have to check on that. Thanks!

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My worry with that would be stuff hanging in the holes. Like tabs that are welded on parts you're dragging in and out and muffler hangers etc. Then there's the loose nuts and bolts that will get down in there and never come out or the dirt that will collect in the holes. I think it will solve one problem and create a whole host of others.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Took it in for the biennial (2 year) smog check. It had trouble last time so I did some prep work with new dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, set timing, and a new catalytic converter. It passed easily, but I think that's mostly due to the new cat. The old one, which was also aftermarket, had been on for many years and these honeycomb cats just don't last like the original pellet style did. I got smart this time and had a local shop weld some flanges onto both the new and old converters. Now that the test is done the old cat goes back in while the new one comes out and sits on the shelf for two years until it's time for another test.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Took it in for the biennial (2 year) smog check. It had trouble last time so I did some prep work with new dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, set timing, and a new catalytic converter. It passed easily, but I think that's mostly due to the new cat. The old one, which was also aftermarket, had been on for many years and these honeycomb cats just don't last like the original pellet style did. I got smart this time and had a local shop weld some flanges onto both the new and old converters. Now that the test is done the old cat goes back in while the new one comes out and sits on the shelf for two years until it's time for another test.

Id flange up a straight pipe for in between inspections

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Id flange up a straight pipe for in between inspections

That was a suggested option but I don't have a problem running a converter, even if it's one that's not as efficient as it could be. I'm all for helping the environment, just not to the point where I'm willing to buy a new $300 cat every few years. Besides that, with my luck the minute I install a straight pipe Cali would start doing random roadside inspections like they already do with big rigs.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
My worry with that would be stuff hanging in the holes. Like tabs that are welded on parts you're dragging in and out and muffler hangers etc. Then there's the loose nuts and bolts that will get down in there and never come out or the dirt that will collect in the holes. I think it will solve one problem and create a whole host of others.
Those seem like worse case and wtf scenarios. Why are my nuts trapped under there? Stop throwing handfuls of nuts around. What kind of crazy person is just throwing handfuls of nuts into a truck bed?

You would have to pull it out for hauling something like sand or mulch. The holes will let water drain and evaporate much quicker than the solid mat though.

As far as dirt never coming out, it's lighter than the solid mat, pick it up and hose it off.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Went back old school for the time being! 16.5" tires are getting harder and harder to come by. Going to be swapping better A/T's onto the old slots so now that they're off the truck I can demount the tires and get them cleaned and polished back up before they go back on.. But the OG look is really starting to grow on me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squareframe