What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Thanks all for the tips! I'll try to document it with pix when I get to it. And, I'll keep a close eye on the fuel filter. I don't think it's really glass but a tough clear something-or-other. One of those in-line things. I just can't trust the sock filter in the tank until I get it dropped and changed.
I also carry 2 fire extinguishers.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Drove mine around to eat brunch, go to the nursery, and then to get some dog food.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Replaced the worn out oem door handles and replaced them with new units. Finally figured out the secret to taking those damn things off... (fricken tiny clip holding the actuator rod in place) !!

Re-purposed the old door handles and installed them on my garage storage cabinet...they work great as door pulls and keep the auto theme going...sweet!

I now need to figure out why all of the sudden my power windo switch on the driver side door wont work...hmmm...for some reason I no longer have power to the switch.

Electrical gremlins are baaaaaack.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Hate dem dam gremlins!
You must be registered for see images attach

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Went to discount tire today for routine rotate and balance. They discovered left front tire was separating. I saw it and I was very nervous about it. I have noticed a strange feeling in the front as if there was an issue but didn't think about tire. I purchased 4 new tires in August 2015. Little did I know that, at that time, 2 were already 3 years old and 2 were 2 years old when purchased. Man was I pissed. I didn't think about tire production code when I got them. Got 2 new today to replace the now 7 year old tires. I will never ever buy tires again without checking production date. The 2 I got today both have codes of 1619. Left the 6 year old tires on front. After thinking more, I am going back Monday and get 2 more new ones. Do not feel comfortable with them on truck anymore.

After thinking more about tire issue, decided to go back and get 2 more new tires. Was not comfortable with keeping the 6 year old tires and a possibility of one of them separating again. Now have 4 new Cooper Discoverer HTP 265-65 17. Should be good for a few years being as a part time driver. Could be a daily, but have 3 vehicles so another one is part time also.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
New mechanical fuel pump, added glass filter before pump, still ran like poo.
Pulled dizzy cap, cleaned up contacts. Pulled rotor, cleaned and checked for vac advance...no move.
Got pliers, made it move.
Got vac pump, advance moves fine now.
Slapped it back together, spun tires. Runs like a scalded dog.
Life is improving.

Love a strong running Chevy!

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Made part of the 5” tailpipe tonight
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Kinda jealous of your bandsaw

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
have had an oil leak at the sender on the LS swap. Because of the intake, it's a pain in the ass to get to so you have to remove the intake. I may google for another location just because of this. Got the intake off and its fairly obvious where the leak is. I haven't jumped back under the hood yet, but I do know the sender is fitting a bolt on the valley cover so i'm hoping it's just not tight enough. I bought an extender to give me more room. Plan to put the other oil catch can on the other valve cover. Look at the oil in those ports!

Side note: Lol while typing this I got another spam call about the warranty on the wifes nissan. I get about 20 a day. I answered and put it next to the radio....they hung up after about 10 seconds. Earlier at work I got one while in the middle of a good dump. I put the phone towards the toilet, disposed very loudly, then flushed. They were gone by the time I flipped it over to see if they were still there. Gonna have to start placing it on speaker to see if they react or not LOL

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
looks like I tightened it too much. When I went to take it out, the threads on the sender had stripped out. I had to put a pry bar between the sender and the valley cover with pressure to get it to start to back out. I used pipe thread on it.

Should I use pipe dope or none at all? The sender bolts into a brass adapter from Auto Meter. On hold until tomorrow, need to get another sender (all marred up from channel locks lol). Been enjoying this and good music, along with a few cold beverages.

Thanks in Advance

Update: After looking at how I installed it, when the sender went in and hit the bolt, it stopped going down. I kept cranking, stripping the threads on the sender.

Today, autozone didn't have an ACDelco sender, all they had was durlast. The fitting underneath is longer so I didn't have to use the adapter I bought to increase the height. Once it stops raining, I'll fire it up and see if the leak is gone. I didn't use pipe tape or dope.

Last edited:

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Put on my sweet new tailpipe and tip [emoji23]