What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Squirrels...? :005:
Yes. Squirrels. Cob is required to have at least one of the mentioned items in EVERY PICTAR. The only allowable substitute is a pothole. Although as @bucket pointed out there was a trashcan. We may have to make an exception this one time.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
Just to catch everyone up with my progress, I have done nothing for several weeks now.

It sits with a half installed floor panel, seat removed, dash gauges in a pile on the floor (3 sets), no door key locks, Q-jet (sorry I bought it) not working right, AC not working, wrong radiator and shroud (I got the right parts to install), and ambition waning.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Just to catch everyone up with my progress, I have done nothing for several weeks now.

It sits with a half installed floor panel, seat removed, dash gauges in a pile on the floor (3 sets), no door key locks, Q-jet (sorry I bought it) not working right, AC not working, wrong radiator and shroud (I got the right parts to install), and ambition waning.
It happens to the best of us

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

You are honest with yourself at least, lol.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Thanks for the update.
It happens to the best of us

Sit back and admire what you've already done. Plan your next step. But first, have a drink!
You must be registered for see images attach

86Apache

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Truck Year
79 , 86 , 82
Truck Model
C10's ,K20
Engine Size
250 six, 350's
Have not had much time to play but put in a couple hours this week digging down to the turn signal assembly. Had a bit of rust in there some of which had made a home on the splines making the quickie steering wheel removal into a time eating thing.

What I thought was just some surface rust was not horrible but more extensive than I was expecting. No Idea how that happened (PO spilled water into the wheel?) but the contamination was restricted to above the lock plate. The effected parts got a Evaporust bath and the splines a bit of wire brushing. A coat of Nu Finish polish and all will be serviceable again.

I will see about replacing the TS assembly later next week and hope that solves the D side brake and turn light problem. If not, it will be time to track down a rear intermediate harness to replace the one a PO hacked up for what appears to be a plug-in for a slide in camper. The RIH is on the list anyway as the PO re-routed it so it lays on top the D side fuel tank and the splices are dodgy.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Mounted up the rear shocks and panhard bar on Stormin Norman Tank just have to polish off the welds and clean up any of the high points on the welds to remove any chance of Notch effect to the welds. Should be a fun day!

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size

It happens. Try not to get too dejected. My trick is to not let a stalled project get completely stalled. Try to do something on it at least every few days or even once a week; no matter how small or insignificant it might seem.
Even if you only turn one bolt in a session, that’s a bolt that wasn’t turned the day before. Sometimes that’s all any of us have time for; sometimes we do have the time, just not the motivation.
I find a lot of the time when I go down to the garage to “turn that one bolt” for the day, one bolt leads to two, which leads to ten, which leads to an entire operation getting done; or at least biting off a bigger chunk of it than I had planned on.
I don’t allow my projects to become chores. And if they’re still unfinished by retirement, at least I know I’ll have something to keep me busy.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Mounted up the rear shocks and panhard bar on Stormin Norman Tank just have to polish off the welds and clean up any of the high points on the welds to remove any chance of Notch effect to the welds. Should be a fun day!

I'm sure thats gonna look purdy when your done with the axle.

Dropped it off to have the gear changed to 3.73 w/carrier and hub bearings replaced as well. Can't wait to get it back!! I'll have to have the gearing changed in the PCM on the LS....and the gears on the speedometer module on the transfercase.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Snagged this custom homemade steel hitch plug from work that someone scrapped so i popped it on. Funny to note my GMSB decal can be seen in this pic.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Snagged this custom homemade steel hitch plug from work that someone scrapped so i popped it on. Funny to note my GMSB decal can be seen in this pic.

That hitch should lower your mpg by1 more. Lol. I like it. Nice sticker too. Wish I had one. Lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That hitch should lower your mpg by1 more. Lol. I like it. Nice sticker too. Wish I had one. Lol
Its not as heavy as it looks. Think its about as heavy as the tongue and 2" ball i had on it. But since it got thrown out i thought id give it a new home. Maybe later down the road the original owner will see it and recognize it lol. As for the sticker... hit up @bluex thats who i got it from

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

If you swab it, you may be able to identify the original owner. His dna is probably all over it from obliterating his shin on it repeatedly.

At least I do when I have my hitch in the receiver without being hooked up.

It never fails, I’ll walk to my bed to grab a tool, turn to walk back and bam—instant curse word factory.

It is cool though!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
.........She still wants me to sell it. I can get another wife, but not another 1973 GMC Jimmy Sierra.

Why doesn't she understand that?

Signed,

Running Low On Medication & Money

I feel your pain... :favorites13:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia