What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
Howd you like that load leveler? I was on the fence about getting that same one and ended up buying a plate that does LS engines and SBCs. Still might buy the leveler and see if I can get an engine and trans out without taking the rad support out.

I liked it. You're able to drop the back end in first then even things out. Plus, stabbing the motor mounts is easier if you can adjust the engine with minimal effort. Now, if I could just have an even floor to roll things around on....

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well this morning i put in the E3's but not without a fight, between dropping the socket, one plug not wanting to screw in to arguing with the headers i got them in. But i see a few concerning things... all the driver side plugs had this crud build up to some degree, anyone know what causes it? Also i noticed it looks like the paint on the intake between the 3 and 5 cylinder appears to be burned off making me wonder what that would indicate? Anybody have ideas? But all in all the runs super smooth now and im happy.

You must be registered for see images attach

@Rusty Nail what are your thoughts on these plug conditions? (I saw your comment in the random carb backfire thread) Look close at color and know that the crust is rock hard. Only the left bank plugs were like this but not all this bad.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Thank you.

My initial thought concerned the plug gap...
It doesn't look NEAR big enough to me. AND after XX years playing with cars and trucks I very recently conducted a very unscientific test regarding plug gap.

I believe what we are looking at is the result of an incomplete burn.

There is not enough distance for the flame to travel (long enough) across enough degrees of camshaft duration, perhaps.
That deposit may be SOOT.
I bet good money if you open that gap a bit that the plugs will clean up AND you will experience better power and mileage especially in passing gear.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I forward the missing paint between 3 and 5 is directly related to the EGR heat passage found inside of that intake manifold.
If you are not using an EGR valve, new gaskets can provide renewed passage block-off if the existing 40 year old pieces have decided to fail. Lol.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I liked it. You're able to drop the back end in first then even things out. Plus, stabbing the motor mounts is easier if you can adjust the engine with minimal effort. Now, if I could just have an even floor to roll things around on....

At least you have a floor. I work on the good old earth with the worms and ants. A little bit of plywood and a lot of muscle got my engine/trans out. I think I'm gonna pick up that leveler when I pull the TBI/700R4 combo out finally. At the very least its another tool in the arsenal. I have 0 problems with having a tool that I only need once if it saves me the headache and frustrations.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
At least you have a floor. I work on the good old earth with the worms and ants. A little bit of plywood and a lot of muscle got my engine/trans out. I think I'm gonna pick up that leveler when I pull the TBI/700R4 combo out finally. At the very least its another tool in the arsenal. I have 0 problems with having a tool that I only need once if it saves me the headache and frustrations.
I have been extremely lucky ,always had a place to work with walls and concrete. Warning to you younger guys(anyone under 50) be careful and try to take care of yourselves. All of that lifting and straining really takes a toll on your body ,get help whenever you can! WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER!!! Yeah I know I'm yelling but just do it.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I have been extremely lucky ,always had a place to work with walls and concrete. Warning to you younger guys(anyone under 50) be careful and try to take care of yourselves. All of that lifting and straining really takes a toll on your body ,get help whenever you can! WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER!!! Yeah I know I'm yelling but just do it.

I'm 34 and can feel a little difference in my body the morning after. (more like I actually feel sore the morning after, sometimes, as opposed to never when I was a little younger). My wife helped my pull that LS motor, next time I'm gonna use my tractor in granny low and pull slowly instead of heaving a cherry picker with an engine and trans on it lol. Sketch city! Unfortunately I've never had my own concrete and walls to work on. Its either the backyard behind my basement or the street in front of my house, but we make it work!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Yeah you do what ya gotta do , please just be careful!!! When we are young we are very indestructible until old age sets in. I try not to preach ,but still---------old age and experience!!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Saturday- swapped # 6 & # 8 plugs with some good used ones I had. Those 2 are the ones that get oil fouled.
Pulled 2 & 4 to inspect. Topped off the oil, and then Sunday ...

Drive 4 other adults and their luggage down to Galveston for a cruise they are on. Will repeat for next Sunday to pick up.
Weather was miserable- light to moderate rain the whole way and heavy rain in Galveston.
No water leaks that I know of:waytogo: - or that anyone mentioned- and my free Rain X (wipe windshield off with wax buffing rag ) worked flawlessly.

Dam gas tank leaks, though, every time I drive her the gas gauge goes down ..

:happy175:

Last edited:

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stared at it for a while [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
hooked the heater plastic pipe from the box to the dash left side vent. Also tested out a 50 cent wifi obdII adapter I got at a pallet store. Works great, although I prefer bluetooth so I don't have to mess with my wireless settings on my phone. Not that it was difficult.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I picked up a 90’s steering wheel for 20 bucks from a local guy, it’s in really nice condition. I just need a chevy horn button/center cap and the little pigtail for the horn and it’s all good. I’ll clean it up some as well, I prefer this steering wheel over the old ones for looks and comfort.

At first I just put it in storage and didn’t know what I wanted to do with it. I was looking at the 79 and thought..eh what the hell lol. And here it is, I like it a lot.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I picked up a 90’s steering wheel for 20 bucks from a local guy, it’s in really nice condition. I just need a chevy horn button/center cap and the little pigtail for the horn and it’s all good. I’ll clean it up some as well, I prefer this steering wheel over the old ones for looks and comfort.

At first I just put it in storage and didn’t know what I wanted to do with it. I was looking at the 79 and thought..eh what the hell lol. And here it is, I like it a lot.

Dude ive got a chevy one and looking for a gmc! Lol trade ya?

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Dude ive got a chevy one and looking for a gmc! Lol trade ya?
Got a pic lol? This one isn't perfect but its pretty nice, there's one maybe two cracks in the red ring, but the clips on the back are all perfect and it should clean up fine. Ill have to get a better picture of it and look at it better.